1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[George Will] Guard the Borders -- And Face Facts, Too

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by insane man, Mar 30, 2006.

1. insane man

insane man Member

this is annoying. i keep liking everything george will rights recently. god.

but i think two things he's dead right about. firstly you can't bus out 12 (or 11) million people. and secondly social security and general growth rate issues that europe faces can be avoided or at least delayed via immigration. oh and the french arab analogy was stellar.

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

But control belongs at the top of the agenda, for four reasons. First, control of borders is an essential attribute of sovereignty. Second, conditions along the border mock the rule of law. Third, large rallies by immigrants, many of them here illegally, protesting more stringent control of immigration reveal that many immigrants have, alas, assimilated: They have acquired the entitlement mentality created by America's welfare state, asserting an entitlement to exemption from the laws of the society they invited themselves into. Fourth, giving Americans a sense that borders are controlled is a prerequisite for calm consideration of what policy that control should serve.

Bull effing sh*t. This is all about the demographic shift favoring the Democratic party. The Republican facade on the immigration issue is empty talking points.

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

It does seem to be the wedge issue de jour!

2002 terrorism
    2004 gays and god
    2006 immigration

4. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Karl Rove at work again. Get the masses off the real issue of our armed forces trying to subjugate the Middle East.

5. insane man

insane man Member

damn i wish rove was on my side though.

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

The Administration's ideas on immigration are cutting too much against the Repub base for it to be an effective wedge.

My money's on gay adoption.

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Naw. Marriage of gay illegal aliens from Mexico and gay terrorists.