1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George Floyd autopsies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, May 31, 2020.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I agree there was excessive force used. I would like to know why it escalated to this. The time between 8:08 and 8:19pm.

2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Tell me about the autopsy again. Tell me your facts. You seem to ignore the video I posted. Weird right?

No Worries likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a lie, the incomplete autopsy did suggest the restraint was a factor.

It doesn't matter whether we see a video or not. Holding pressure on someone's neck for 8 minutes when he was in handcuffs and there were 4 officiers is reckless. You should know better than to try to spin this.

Eric Riley likes this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The victim might have been more susceptible to death if intoxicated or whatever, but would not have died if he had not had asphalt on one side of is head and some dude hyped up on racism and steroids leaning into his neck on the other.

You are a clown, bigtexxx. A Trump kind of clown. Disingenuous, cruel, intellectually stunted. Whatever you have to say to "own the libs", even if all you wind up doing is pointing a blinking neon sign at yourself: TROLL.TROLL. TROLL.

peleincubus likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

There is nothing that would justify or excuse killing someone by putting a knee on the person's neck for 8 minutes, including three minutes after the person has clearly become unresponsive, and two minutes after it was stated there was no pulse. There is no escalation path that would justify or excuse this. Even if the guy had shot at the officers or murdered someone, once he is subdued, it is not acceptable for the officer to keep using excessive or even deadly force. And he was subdued early on, didn't resist, just said he couldn't breathe.

It. does. not. matter.

what kind of criminal history he had, whether he was drugged when it happened, what he did to escalate the situation.

Once he was subdued, the violence that ultimately led to his death had to stop.

Nook, Outlier, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  6. Asian Sensation

How much struggle could there have been between a man with hands cuffed behind his back and 6+ cops?

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Let me see someone do that to my son and I would kill you if he were just laying there and not resisting. And if he had no pulse and you were still there for 2+ minutes. Yes I would kill you.

8. bigtexxx

Again, I agree that it was excessive force. I would like to understand how it escalated, as it could be relevant in how he died, and there may be some lessons learned. I’m not trying to justify why the policeman had his knee on his neck for so long.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Well I have a DOJ report on the documented racist practices of the Ferguson police department and court system. There's that.

Keep on trolling scumbag.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Some of the people on this board are the scum of the earth, makes me want to vomit to what lengths deniers are trying to put blame on the victim of a blatant and completely unnecessary murder.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Do you think that maybe... just maybe... the DA had access to the body cam footage prior to writing up the charges?

13. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what does that mean? he died from conditions resulting from his arrest? or something else?

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

There's a thing called young and naive

But also theres old, naive, and careless like bigtexx

15. bigtexxx

I’m only asking questions because the media’s lies around similar situations (Michael Brown, Trayvon) resulted in many deaths, looting and other crimes against innocents. I agree that the cop used excessive force. Did that kill him? Not sure, and the autopsy results that have been put out said it didn’t. I do not want the media’s lies to result in even more deaths. That is my main issue. The violent protests are truly disgusting to watch.

George Floyd was a career criminal who spent time in the Texas prison system for aggravated robbery (meaning a robbery at gunpoint) and had a drug problem. In fact the autopsy said “intoxicants in his body” contributed to his death. While this doesn’t justify excessive force, there could have been a struggle before the knee in the neck (which the autopsy suggested didn’t kill him).

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

I disagree that he's simply trolling. There are people who actually think this way.

Some people will die on a hill for their beliefs but bigtexxx has to wake up and realize what the hell is going on here and stop trying to justify this BS.

Either he is simply out of touch or he has zero connections with people of color.

The guy has absolutely zero perspective outside his own. Methinks its because he's lived in a bubble all his life.

BmwM3 and Yung-T like this.
  17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Where did it suggest that? I love how you ignore the video.

Yung-T likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't read through all of this thread yet and don't really have time to but this has already been addressed and is part of the reason why the charge is 3rd degree murder.

I accept the autopsy and will state again the technique used in a choke as most people think. It is designed to cut off blood supply to the brain while inflicting pain.. That is why you can still here him talk while the technique is on. Cutting off blood flow to the brain though over extended period of time isn't a good thing. In martial arts we would never apply it for that long as once the person taps out we would release it. The pain and the position creates a lot of stress and techniques like this are sometimes referred to as "stress positions". Putting someone in it for that long it shouldn't be a surprise that it could lead to a heart attack.

I heard a lawyer explain this a few days ago. The direct cause of death may be a heart attack or something. The condition that created that cause of death though was the technique applied and the amount of time that was applied. The proximate cause of the death then is due to Chauvin's actions. This would be like if I punched a hemophiliac. My punch gives him a bloody nose and he bleeds to death. The direct cause is blood loss that in someone who isn't a hemophiliac probably wouldn't be fatal. That blood loss wouldn't have started if I hadn't punched. In that case I'm still culpable.

#99 rocketsjudoka, May 31, 2020
    Last edited: May 31, 2020
    Jayzers_100 and JumpMan like this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Also Floyd was cuffed the whole time the technique was put on. He was in a prone position and another LEO was restraining his legs. He couldn't struggle. That technique is a restraint technique preventing someone from struggling even when they aren't cuffed.

T_Man likes this.