1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George Floyd autopsies

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, May 31, 2020.

1. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

It was told quite awhile back that these 2 worked together the previous year @ that club. He straight up murdered Floyd and deserves to go to jail for a very long time since there’s no death penalty in Minnesota I believe...but this wasn’t some random, “I’m out here killin black folks like we always do” situation. This was one man killing another man that had nothing to do with race. But hey, just a little property damage and people are painting angel murals of Floyd now...so it’s all good I suppose...

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

lets assume there was some other motive other than race, fact is Floyd was still killed in the hands of LEO and the suspects weren't arrested and charged immediately. that's still something to protest about.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Goodness, i cant make an observation? Jesus

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I believe he's pointing out Floyd is more "Forest Gump" than "Scarface". It's OK to bring the shields down on this one, Cap'n.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

1) Even if Floyd was a wanted murderer it does not mean you can recklessly endanger his life with impunity.

2) Whether or not the officers knew of Floyd's record will matter a great deal to the court in how their behavior is adjudicated. It is unlikely they knew of his record.

3) Do you want more riots? Passing the blame and excusing the accused is a great way to get more riots.

6. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...bad thing for people to say out loud, that the deceased Mr. Floyd had a violent criminal history (not that saying anything bad like this matters to a lot of people now, anyway, but)...

...violent mass murderers of another ethnicity, just in recent history, are more often than not taken into custody without killing them...

...(that Boston Marathon bomber a few years ago got into a firefight with federal and local law officers and was taken into custody alive)...

...that is a lot of the problem that black people have had with how the law deals with us, on average...and if we continue to say that the elephant in the room isn't really in the way, sorry and tragic situations like this will continue.

The standard of behavior has to be set by those whose charge it is to defend the rule of law.

There's no such tenet as "Force Peace". You either embrace peace, or you declare war...

...and from what I've heard and read, there are more than a few people who would be very happy with another civil war...

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm going to state again that although the autopsies differ on the exact cause of death they are not in conflict that it was the actions of LEO Chauvin that led to the death. Whether Floyd died of asphyxiation from blood flow cut off to the brain or by a heart attack in it was the action of extreme stress placed upon his body by the Chauvin that led to those conditions.

Astrodome and DonnyMost like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

This sounds like "The slutty history needs to be remembered" when talking about a rape victim.

9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

As others have noted whether there was some sort of history between Chauvin and Floyd doesn't change that Floyd was killed publicly and agonizingly. If there was a history between them and Chauvin killed Floyd because of it that would mean Chauvin committed 1st Degree murder and not 2nd or 3rd degree.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you think the people in these communties see this incident in isolation? I guess when they refer to privilege, they are talking about this. You have the privilege of seeing this incident in isolation. For their community, it's under a backdrop of years of abuse and abuse isn't just killing Black Americans. It's also stripping their dignity away by how they make assumptions and treat entire neighborhoods as enemy territory.

There are hundreds of examples of this recorded let alone all the ones that aren't:

Just look at how these officers expect respect to be a one way street just assuming he's a criminal, opening his door and searching his vehicle without consent and then give an excuse to his frightened mother that this a violent crime neighborhood and they have the authority to make these assumptions because they are some violent crimes unit.

Let's ignore the fact that Chauvin had multiple complaints against him. Let's ignore that the Miniapolis Police Union president has been a vocal proponent of using harsh measures and his officers not being held accountable. He's also is a bigot and campaigns for Trump.

Let's not pretend these communties are crying wolf.

LosPollosHermanos and Reeko like this.
  11. Severe Rockets Fan

It would also mean this more than likely wasn’t motivated by race, which is what people want it so desperately to be. People are rioting because they believe it’s racial violence and simply because he was black...more white people by far are killed by cops than black people but we won’t see a single riot because of that. I don’t care if it’s 2nd or 1st degree...if anything it shows his intent to murder even more shows it goes beyond the color Of his skin and more because of the content of his character.

12. Mr. Space City

whew buddy the dog whistles are loud and clear in this thread.

Reeko and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

make a million observations. That's fine

14. Severe Rockets Fan

Yeah those guys were aholes in that video. You could tell the “ I gotta go to work later (so hurry this up)”comment from the start pissed off the officer. Then shutting the officer up and making him wait because he had a phone call in the middle of him talking just pushed him over the edge. He certainly could’ve done that better, without the retaliation. So what do you think should be done to change this ? I mean police brutality in general? Do you think it’s just racism that is the cause? Nothing else?

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have no problem with it. I can see why my comment could seem like I wasn't.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, that white guy who shot up a church comes to mind. Flip the situation and i wouldn't be surprised of reprisals from redneck militiamen. These same disgusting morons never talk about the nasty public situation that got avoided because the victims turned the other cheek.

People have an overpowering fear of police and also Black people. The latter you call "implicit bias"at work, but it's that fear that allows voters to let cops be how they are.

That's the real issue behind this

17. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Your comments to him came off as reflexively defensive, as if Astrodome was trying to either change the subject, or worse yet, impinge Floyd's character.

Simple misunderstanding. No harm no foul.

18. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

It's not all good because justice was not fully served. Floyd went to Minnesota for a new beginning but he ended up working at a cesspool night club until his moral compass limit couldn't take it anymore. Those four officers stand to be convicted of a harsher punishment or downgraded to the same if they confess to murder for hire and racketeering. Others involved, including night club owner, haven't been charged and might never will.

Floyd is much more of a victim than ever in this case. That night club bouncer position is one of the rare jobs he could get and look what happened. Yes race is still a factor in this case because the dirty cop and club profiled his race as being cooperative in their racketeering as well as an easy target to be murdered without consequences. That's not fair.

#278 Sanctity, Jun 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

If the latest evidence is true that Chauvin problems with Floyd were because he was rough on black patrons than it is absolutely about race. It also means that there is good reason to move the charge up to first degree murder from second.

20. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

If I was the cops. I would have slapped the cuffs on the mother and let the son go. You guys are seeing a prime example of why black males are in trouble now. The supervisor tried his best to talk to her, but the stinking combative attitudes are what’s gonna get her or her son killed one day. This arrest is too long and precious resources could be focused on other things.
    BTW- don’t perpetuating BS that the police cannot search your car without consent or warrant. They can in limited situations if they have probable cause.