1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

General Incompetence & Category 5's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rashmon, Sep 3, 2019.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Let's be honest here how many of them have even been to a library?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

And there goes resemblance to Russia and China. Lies, Propaganda, Misinformation,
    Politics from the admin is a terrible thing, but when it spreads to other gov dept, especially one that should be completely apolitical...

B-Bob, NewRoxFan, Ubiquitin and 2 others like this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, but this one won't be full of books. Lots of pictures and stuff to just look at. And a gift shop.

FranchiseBlade and AleksandarN like this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Adult bookstore maybe?

superfob, biff17, AleksandarN and 2 others like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This is interesting. People complain about a senile demented old sociopath but haven't begun to seriously question the amount of power and authority the president wields to make this a reoccurring possibility.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

More like how the GOP( you know the party of less governmental) that let this president get away with so much. The power that the president has been wielding is occurring is BECAUSE of the Republicans. So I agree in one aspect people have to seriously question why the GOP let this happen. Could it be the huge tax cut he gave to the rich or stacking the judicial system with right wing judges to limit women’s rights or maybe screwing over the environment by gutting the EPA in favor of big business?

Those are all things the republicans wanted for years but couldn’t because it went against the wishes of the majority. Now they have the perfect fall guy to blame for all of these policy changes when those policies start effecting people’s everyday lives.

And you watch the next big shoe to drop will be cutting entitlements because the country is broke due to the policy of this gop government. (Not Trumps government GOP’s) I don’t want the right escaping their countability in screwing over this country!!

mdrowe00 and Invisible Fan like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

When will he start forcing other government agencies to lie for him? Maybe when GDP is down or unemployment is up? It is coming, just wait.

11. NewRoxFan

Oh. My. God. How anyone can defend this guy is beyond understanding...

12. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Job reports were already revised downward quite a bit; most since the start of the recession under Bush.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Wilbur Ross doesn't appear to me to be a very capable or wise cabinet member.

RayRay10 and B-Bob like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow, I would hope everyone could agree people should not be fired for doing their government jobs correctly, even if their results don't support certain fragile political egos.

Anything else is despotism... the kind of thing we used to criticize in other, sadder, more hopeless countries.

Party over country is one thing, a very bad thing.
    But sharpie over reality?

mdrowe00, joshuaao, arkoe and 4 others like this.
  16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Forget impeachment and invoke the 25th...

Donald Trump Is Not Well
    Joshua Roberts / Reuters

During the 2016 campaign, I received a phone call from an influential political journalist and author, who was soliciting my thoughts on Donald Trump. Trump’s rise in the Republican Party was still something of a shock, and he wanted to know the things I felt he should keep in mind as he went about the task of covering Trump.

At the top of my list: Talk to psychologists and psychiatrists about the state of Trump’s mental health, since I considered that to be the most important thing when it came to understanding him. It was Trump’s Rosetta stone.

I wasn’t shy about making the same case publicly. During a July 14, 2016, appearance on C-SPAN’s Washington Journal, for example, I responded to a pro-Trump caller who was upset that I opposed Trump despite my having been a Republican for my entire adult life and having served in the Reagan and George H. W. Bush administrations and the George W. Bush White House.

“I don’t oppose Mr. Trump because I think he’s going to lose to Hillary Clinton,” I told Ben from Purcellville, Virginia. “I think he will, but as I said, he may well win. My opposition to him is based on something completely different, which is, first, I think he is temperamentally unfit to be president. I think he’s erratic, I think he’s unprincipled, I think he’s unstable, and I think that he has a personality disorder; I think he’s obsessive. And at the end of the day, having served in the White House for seven years in three administrations and worked for three presidents, one closely, and read a lot of history, I think the main requirement for president of the United States … is temperament, and disposition … whether you have wisdom and judgment and prudence.”

That statement has been validated.

Donald Trump’s disordered personality—his unhealthy patterns of thinking, functioning, and behaving—has become the defining characteristic of his presidency. It manifests itself in multiple ways: his extreme narcissism; his addiction to lying about things large and small, including his finances and bullying and silencing those who could expose them; his detachment from reality, including denying things he said even when there is video evidence to the contrary; his affinity for conspiracy theories; his demand for total loyalty from others while showing none to others; and his self-aggrandizement and petty cheating.

It manifests itself in Trump’s impulsiveness and vindictiveness; his craving for adulation; his misogyny, predatory sexual behavior, and sexualization of his daughters; his open admiration for brutal dictators; his remorselessness; and his lack of empathy and sympathy, including attacking a family whose son died while fighting for this country, mocking a reporter with a disability, and ridiculing a former POW. (When asked about Trump’s feelings for his fellow human beings, Trump’s mentor, the notorious lawyer Roy Cohn, reportedly said, “He pisses ice water.”)

The most recent example is the president’s bizarre fixation on falsely insisting that he was correct to warn that Alabama faced a major risk from Hurricane Dorian, to the point that he doctored a hurricane map with a black Sharpie to include the state as being in the path of the storm.

“He’s deteriorating in plain sight,” one Republican strategist who is in frequent contact with the White House told Business Insider on Friday. Asked why the president was obsessed with Alabama instead of the states that would actually be affected by the storm, the strategist said, “You should ask a psychiatrist about that; I’m not sure I’m qualified to comment.”

We have repeatedly heard versions of that sentiment over the course of Trump’s presidency. It’s said that speculating on Trump’s mental health is inappropriate and unwise, especially for those who are not formally trained in the field of psychiatry or psychology.

That’s true, up to a point. Yes, it is best to leave it to experts to determine whether Trump satisfies the criteria for a clinical diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, some combination of both, or nothing at all.

But if a clinical diagnosis is beyond my own expertise, Trump’s psychological impairments are obvious to all who are not willfully blind. On a daily basis we see the president’s chaotic, unstable mind on display. Are we supposed to ignore that?

An analogy may be helpful here. If smoke is coming out from under the hood of your car, if you notice puddles of oil under it, if the engine is overheating and you smell burning oil, you don’t have to be a car mechanic to know that something is wrong with your car.

Accepting the reality about Trump’s disordered personality is important and even essential. For one thing, it will help us to better react to Trump’s freak show.

Even now, almost a thousand days into his presidency, the latest Trump outrage elicits shock and disbelief in people. The reaction is, “Can you believe he said that and did this?”

To which my response is, “Why are you surprised?” It’s a shock only if the assumption is that we’re dealing with a psychologically normal human being. We’re not. Trump is profoundly compromised, acting just as you would imagine a person with a disordered personality would. Many Americans haven’t yet come to terms with the fact that we elected as president a man who is deeply damaged, an emotional misfit. But it would be helpful if they did.

Among other things, it would keep us feeling less startled and disoriented, less in a state of constant agitation, less susceptible to provocations. Donald Trump thrives on creating chaos, on gaslighting us, on creating antipathy among Americans, on keeping people on edge and off balance. He wants to dominate our every waking hour. We ought not grant him that power over us.

It might also take some of the edge off the hatred many people feel for Trump. Seeing him for what he is—a terribly damaged soul, a broken man, a person with a disordered mind—should not lessen our revulsion at how Trump mistreats others, at his cruelty and dehumanizing actions. Nor should it weaken our resolve to stand up to it. It does complicate the picture just a bit, though, eliciting some pity and sorrow for Trump.

But above all, accepting the truth about Trump’s mental state will cause us to take more seriously than we have our democratic duty, which is to prevent a psychologically and morally unfit person from becoming president.

The office is too powerful, and the consequences are too dangerous, to allow a person to become president who views morality only through the prism of whether an action advances his own narrow interests, his own distorted desires, his own twisted impulses. When an individual comes to believe his interests and those of the nation he leads are one and the same, it opens the door to all sorts of moral and constitutional devilry.

Whether or not his disorders are diagnosable, the president’s psychological flaws are all too apparent. They were alarming when he took the oath of office; they are worse now. Every day Donald Trump is president is a day of disgrace. And a day of danger.

JuanValdez and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

And just when you thought trump and his white house couldn't look worse...

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I understand Trump being propelled by his psychological disorder, but what's wrong with Mulvaney and Ross?

20. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

It's a good gig for them and they want to continue making bank while the country goes go s***

B-Bob likes this.