1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gen. Mattis speaks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Aug 28, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And another...

Former Joint Chiefs Chairman Condemns Trump's Threat To Use Military At Protests
    https://www.npr.org/2020/06/04/8700...mns-trumps-threat-to-use-military-at-protests

Amiga, B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  2. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Watch it. You might stir up an emotional outburst.

3. NewRoxFan

.. and yet another...

4. NewRoxFan

Admiral William McRaven is a retired United States Navy four-star admiral who last served as the ninth commander of the United States Special Operations Command from August 8, 2011, to August 28, 2014. McRaven previously served from June 13, 2008, to August 2011 as commander of Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) and from June 2006 to March 2008 as commander of Special Operations Command Europe (SOCEUR). In addition to his duties as COMSOCEUR, he was designated as the first director of the NATO Special Operations Forces Coordination Centre (NSCC), where he was charged with enhancing the capabilities and inter-operability of all NATO Special Operations Forces

McRaven: 'Nothing morally right' about forcefully clearing protestors so Trump can have church photo op
    https://taskandpurpose.com/news/mcraven-trump-protests

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So you don’t care if Mr trump tells blatant lies about a very prominent American who spent 40 years serving our country? Got it. Very enlightening, @Astrodome.

AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, i didnt say I didnt care @Deckard. I don't what my I am expected to say. This hasnt been a good few months for trump. His ego is too big for times like this and he isnt good at showing sympathy. I have criticized him plenty but i still like his policies better than bidens.

B@ffled likes this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Dayuummm. Lincoln Project takes their next shot. "Commander and the Coward."

#147 B-Bob, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    RayRay10, Ottomaton and AleksandarN like this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I assume that policy doesn’t include using military force on protesters. But correct me if that’s wrong.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'd like to know how far does trump has to go before you say, "Enough. I can't vote for this man." Notice I didn't say, "Enough. I can't vote for this man. I will vote for the only real alternative, Joe Biden." I didn't say that. You have other choices. You could vote Libertarian. You could write in an alternative who's a Republican, if that's where you lean. You could simply not vote. What I'm interested in is how far does trump need to go with his actions and his words, his impact on the country and on how the world views us, before you say, "enough."

I'm genuinely curious. I don't think you're an extremist or a troll, like some here. I seriously don't understand what it is about trump that makes you want to support him. What has he done that counterbalances what he has done, if you get my drift.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

So bigly overrated!

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

"I'm not a Marine, but I know the Marines..."

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Ubiquitin likes this.