1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gen. Mattis speaks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

sounds like effective propaganda :)

“task is not to make an objective study of the truth, in so far as it favors the enemy, and then set it before the masses with academic fairness; its task is to serve our own right, always and unflinchingly.”

“All propaganda must be presented in a popular form and must fix its intellectual level so as not to be above the heads of the least intellectual of those to whom it is directed. “

#61 Amiga, Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Trump supporters think everyone else is the lasso.

3. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...most people don't like to admit when they've been had.
    ...even more people tend to look for a reason other than their own poor judgement for why they were had.

...(the Donald's profile and behavior is a matter of public record, on many levels...too easy to find and very hard to miss...and even more ironically, patently consistent with his history and unashamedly obvious even by the man himself)...

...by and large, I think people tend to give con men and shysters a bit more credit than they deserve.

I don't think people that get painted into a corner ever thought about having to eventually leave the room in the first place...;)

Reeko, Amiga, RayRay10 and 1 other person like this.
  4. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I agree with everything you said about Obama.

B@ffled likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely agree. I've pointed this out to Trump supporters and in many cases they fall back to "I know Trump is flawed and a horrible person but he is fighting for us against the evil liberals." and "People have been out to get Trump from day one and this is just more people buying into the Liberal propaganda machine" or "These people were always RINO's."

ElPigto, Deckard, mdrowe00 and 7 others like this.
  6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Ohhh He has yet to get started....

T_Man

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

folks such as @bigtexxx always decried "divisiveness" but now we actually see what it means.

I've never in my life seen a politician like Trump - one who just tries to paint the opposition party as evil. He's done nothing but attack Democrats, minorities, the media, etc - creating anger and hate within our country - and now we see it leads to violence, particularly from the right.

Trump has made us so weak where we see one another as the enemey. The right see Russia as an ally now - Ronnie is turning over in his grave.

FranchiseBlade, RayRay10 and Reeko like this.
  8. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

The irony is that you don't see that you've fallen for the propaganda and you participate in the discord that America's enemies are trying to induce. It's really a silly look, even for you.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So anyone who criticizes trump, like General Mattis is a tool of the Russians? Lol, you have no clue what you are talking about.

By the way, it would be nice if you would respond to the challenges to your lies in other posts. I did respect you as a poster when you first came here, but after you have shown that you don't think critically and just repost propaganda - including that @antifa_us fake twitter account - you've lost all credibility.

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  10. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

That's certainly hurtful to hear that from you, who never had any credibility to begin with. I'm just trying to communicate on a level that you comprehend.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

By posting propaganda from white nationalists? You don't think that hurts your credibility?

I presented you with facts and you simply ignored it. If you could have the courage to apologize and admit that you have been duped in that situation, maybe you can start to see the other perspective. Maybe what we are telling you is the truth. You don't have to listen to me if you dont' feel I have credibility - there are tons of other posters here who can tell you the same thing.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Look: White Nationalists, Young Idiots, Boogaloo Bois, Antifa. It makes no difference to me. Anyone who participates in the violence or condones it gets compartmentalized into my trash bin. You've spent a lot of time defending one of the above mentioned. I have spent NONE defending. What does that say about YOU? You said I put up a White Nationalist tweet? I'd certainly denounce it if you can produce it. And if I did it was certainly by mistake. Make no mistake about this: I'm pissed at WHOEVER has turned this into something that isn't about GF.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I went back and you did not post the tweet from the white nationalist group - that was @Commodore . So I apologize to you for that mistake.

But you did use it as evidence that Antifa was behind the riots - when there is no evidence of that still - it appears that at least a portion of it is from white nationalist agitators.

And now you are saying they are all the same? You were arguing how evil antifa was and how the left is bad bad bad, and now you are saying they are all the same?

I don't feel your self-righteousness is genuine. You want to gain my respect? Probably not and that's fine. But if you did, I'd respect you if you learned more about the issues - learn more about what white nationalists are doing - study this issue from both side, not just want you get from right wing media sources.

#73 Sweet Lou 4 2, Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Gee... maybe lisa can borrow susan collins' concern meter? Or better... maybe she and susan can find a government body that might be able to do something? They could call it... the United States Senate. Or something...

FranchiseBlade, mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

16. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Ok.. I just went through the thread, read the responses. Can't find my White Nationalist tweet that you claim I posted. Maybe you've got me confused with another poster? Please find it so I can denounce it or quit hounding me about it if you can't find it. I'm looking.........

You know what I read in the responses? You sticking up for Antifa. Nice... real patriotism.

Oh...I also ready several of MY posts denouncing WHOEVER is organizing it. I seem to be pretty damn consistent. Out of curiosity, do you belong to Antifa and if so, are you upset that someone else has used the name to do this? I'm trying to understand why anyone would want anarchy.

And please find the damn tweet that you keep asking me to apologize for. Because I really do want to apologize. I swear I will respond if you find it. We all make mistakes, and I own up to mine.

17. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...that would most likely involve Senators doing their jobs...

...er...

...a job a fair amount of them aren't paid to do...;)

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think you confuse "supporting Antifa" with claiming that Antifa is a far less relevant entity than you perceive.

19. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Let's cut to the real heart of the matter: Antifa is usually associated as a far left extremist group. White (fill in the blank) is associated with far right extremist groups. I emphatically condemn both, regardless if it's left or right. What I'm seeing is that because Antifa is associated with the left, there is a reluctance to denounce or even acknowledge them as being involved. I do note, the few who have spoken up and made it clear, so I'm not lumping everyone in.

I hope once the dust settles, the truth comes to light. It will be interesting to see the reaction if there is proof that an extreme leftist group is involved. You know my position regardless of which side. Far left and far right groups = Bad hombres. It's pretty simple.

Lou, I'm waiting on the tweet, bro. Gonna go grab lunch.

Oh yeah... this is thread about Mattis. Sorry to junk it up. F that guy. Like Flynn, he's been fired twice. Flush that turd.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What I'm worried about is people in media bubbles getting dupped into buying into the narrative that Antifa is some organized terror orgimaixation that has defined members rather than random kids and bad faith right wing trolls pretending to Antifa. I've linked the many instances where conservatives were caught red handed faking Antifa groups. We've seen multiple people arrested during this riot cycle coming from white supremacist groups posing as Antifa.

I've also said this before. But your cute game of saying *both sides have extremists" as some sort of profound relevant useful statement is easily seen through at least for me. There is no evidence here and I'll repeat if again:

One white supremacist in one day in one Black Church murdered more Americans than Antifa has in their entire history.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.