1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gamers Opinion 360 vs ps3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by runamok, Jun 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. runamok

runamok Member

This has got me confused- Gamer experts whats your opinion :confused: : Over all Graphical comparison for 360 vs ps3 for a couple of games:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6191251/index.html

First of all is Gamespot Biased against ps3?
    Its consisitently got 360 on top for sharper texts-and 3d depth.
    It even declares the motion of the games are smoother on 360.
    Is it because 360 has the better ram?
    Or is it that ps3 has somekind of blur effect/ cell shading for realism?
    Or is it the plane old fact that developers first make the games for 360 and they port it over to th ps3,not receiving the proper tools in time although the ps3 claims to be more powerfull and can probably do better?
    They seem to always express discontent with the loading times on Ps3
    And does this all really matter?

2. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

xbox 360 ftw!

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know about PS3. I don't have anything against it. I only recently bought a 360, and I love it. I like the games for it, and I'm not in to some of the PS3 exclusives so much, though there are a couple I would like.

4. yipengzhao

I agree... that heavenly sword game looks really good. Actually I don't think I own an xbox exclusive... Though I might pick up Ninja Gaiden 2.

5. Christopher

Christopher Member

Is there really that much of a difference these days?

In this generation of consoles, that basically all have the same games, it basically comes down to what you willing to pay and how your going to use your console.

I have a 360....I wouldn't feel left out if I had a PS3.

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I have an old xbox, but not a 360...I have a PS3...I may be biased, but the PS3 offers more than just gaming...RC Cola will have to give you the breakdown...

7. yipengzhao

Hmm... I lied... I looked it up and apparently Lost Oddysey, Blue Dragon, and Saints Row are exclusives. I liked those games. I'm not into shooters though, I bet most peoples' favorite exclusives are Halo 3 and Gears of War.

Additionally, I'm looking forward to Fable II.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Games, especially the early ones, look better on the 360 because developers have had more time to learn its nuances and by all accounts its far less of a PITA to program for compared to PS3. Also almost all multi-platform games are developed on the 360 and then ported to the PS3.

I don't think anyone logically thinks the 360 is superior in terms of potential though. The gap is closing though, lets see what Bioshock looks like on PS3. Lets compare NCAA/Madden 09 on the two consoles this year.

Yes Gamespot has been labeled as 360 biased in the past.

9. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

I'd venture to say since i have both that there isnt much of a difference.

The PS3 uses pixels different from the 360 so the colors may seem a bit better or different depending on how you look at it.

Im not sure there is a game on the 360 that can rival Uncharted in the graphics dept.... maybe Gears of War, but as of right now its all up to the game developers imagination.

As it stands though, right now there isnt enough of a difference for it to matter.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Xbox 360 is much easier to develop for than the PS3, and traditionally it takes developers a couple of years to take advantage of Sony's unique features and graphics pipeline/architecture.

So, for now, the 360 wins, but given more time, the PS3 will catch up.

DD

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The 360 is a prettier piece of hardware. The PS3 looks like an ass with a chunk missing out of the right side (where the blu ray drive is). I can't believe that is the best they could do for the PS3 design. What an ugly eye sore. I almost want to put a paper bag over it to conceal it.

I would never base my decision when deciding which to get on which has the prettier graphics. They both do well in that department. You should be looking at the rest of the factors. If PS3 is anything like PS2, then it will ultimately end up having a lot of its computing power wasted and never utilized...regardless of all the technical jargon.

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

All I know is that you dont hear widespread reports of people having to send in their PS3s over and over again with RROD-type problems.

whatever....at least mine is there for the playing whenever I want it, not in transit from some repair depot.

360 ftw indeed :rolleyes:

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Have you played Gears of War? It's not like other FPS. I've always been an RPG guy, but GOW is awesome. I'm not even remotely interested in a PS3. A new Final Fantasy could get me interested, but for now I have no desire to own one. I could care less about Wii as well, unless another Zelda comes out for it that isn't available on Gamecube.

14. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

That is a way to put a good spin on inferior graphics.

Blurring for realism?? Ha.

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

My PS and PS2 both had problems, but my 360 continues to work great. Not suprising though that something from MS would break down quickly. Their marketing strategy is based on being the first ones out on the market even if there are known problems with the plans of fixing them in the future. Anyone who did not see that coming with the early 360s was not wise.

16. mlwoo

Yes, this sucks about the 360.

When it works though, it is definitely 360 ftw. Have you compared COD4 online or Madden's gameplay on or offline? PS3 is slow and choppy.

I have both. I buy for the 360 every time. I am excited for MGS, though.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Like I said earlier, they port those games over to the PS3 after being developed on the 360. It doesn't mean the 360 hardware is superior.

18. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

The difference between their graphics is minor at best. It comes down to the games. Decide which system's exclusives you're most interested in. Then, decide what functionality you want your system to have (gaming only, or high def movie player, etc.)

One isn't better than the other. Some systems will just suit your needs better.

It's silly to bicker about gaming systems.

19. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

The graphics are about the same on both, reliability goes to the PS3, and if you'd wanna mod your system to play backup games, homebrew, etc that edge goes to the 360.

20. mlwoo

Ok, well whatever causes it, the 360 games are still better whether the PS3 games are ported or not.