1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game worn autographed Yao rookie jersey

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by stevel, Dec 19, 2010.

1. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

I have a game worn autographed Yao rookie jersey in a nice frame. If you're interested or have questions shoot me an email. Thanks for looking

2. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

To whoever buys this. Make sure to do a face to face trade. Not saying you are, but there have been a lot of scammers lately. Plus for that muchoney I sure as he'll would not do it via paypal

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

why can't you post pictures?

4. stevel

I can, I'll take a pic and post it later today or tomorrow. If you have any questions feel free to email me. I also have no problem sending it out to be authenticated.

5. wekko368

wekko368 Member

what's your asking price?

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. stevel

I saw one one ebay for $1500.00, I'd take that. Mine is already framed.

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It's listed on ebay for $1500. Doesn't mean people are buying for that much.

In any case, good luck with your sale. You'll need it if you're asking $1500.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

To be honest, I don't think you'll get much more than $300.

10. stevel

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

12. stevel

You know you want the pajama top ;)

It's 1150 with the frame, and mine is framed

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

1) Post your own jersey mensa.

and just because you want or think it's worth $1500, it might not sell for $1500. People may only think its worth $15.00.

14. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I have a non auto rookie Yao jersey, that just says Ming in the back. I trade you that plus 50 bucks and some pesos. Take it or leave it amigo.

15. stevel

WTF is your problem a$$clown? I posted a jersey to show that they sell for more than the $300 one poster quoted. You don't like it go away, don't look at the ad. There's no need to insult me or make a negative comment. If YOU think I'm asking too much, then go away!

If anyone's interested I'll email you pics and tell where I got it.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

is there any COA on the autograph and on the game worn part? I mean if its a jersey that lets say you got after a random game from Yao or a party affiliated with Yao with no COA its going to be hard to get over 1k for it I would believe.

And with it being from his rookie year it will carry value of course but it has to have some sort of COA. I am not sure if a picture of you and Yao holding the jersey would necessarily cut it. It may for the first person buying it but if an average person wishes but if its a collector of sports memorobilia I dont think that would cut it. I am not sure if you are able to get it authenticated if you can you would have to pay for that (I believe the costs will vary since its harder to prove a game worn jersey)

Same with the auto but I believe the auto would cost under 50 dollars to get authenticated including any postage fees.

These costs have to go into the 1500 asking price you are asking for - basically you have to eat them because at 1500 those costs are already implied. Right now it sounds like you dont have COA on either the jersey or the signature

And the COAs need to be from legitimate companies (i am not sure who the big ones are but usually the ones the card companies use like PSA is pretty recognized and established)

After all that if you can provide legit documents to its authenticity you should be able to get 1500 for it if not more since its a game worn rookie jersey of Yao's that he signed and its already framed.

But if you dont have any of those right now you wont get much for it at all you may get 100-200 bucks at most considering that if its a game worn jersey it at worst is a authentic jersey which usually run that price.

If you have the cash I would look into getting legit COAs for them and getting it certified you may have to spend like anywhere from 1-300 bucks but it will definitely increase the value of your jersey big time. For example THIS Yao game worn jersey is being sold for 2k and its not from his rookie year nor is it signed but it comes with two COAs with one COA on the jersey itself.

If all you say is correct and true and you get COAs on them all I dont see why you wouldnt be able to fetch at least 3-4k on an open market for a jersey like that.

17. stevel

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. I know it's authentic for certain so I'll check into getting COA. I'm not into sports memorabilia so I was unsure how to go about selling it. Again, I appreciate the advice.

18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

YoYo said it all. Without authentication any type of memorabilia only has a fraction of the value on the market. Not to say it doesn't have value for someone but no where near the true value if you can't authenticate every piece of what your claiming the item to be.