1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game Time!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Truth, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Truth

Truth Member

Texans defense has to set the tone.

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Nice little shove Curtis Conway gave to Marcus Coleman to catch that TD...

3. Truth

Truth Member

Yep, the shoulda challenged. Good run Allen!

4. The Cat

Playcalling is terrible.

We don't exactly have the most talented playmakers in the world. If I see us run on first and 10 again, I'm going to scream. It worked a couple of times... so that's the perfect time to pass!!! A good defense isn't going to let a team with a bad offensive line run it down their throat on first down.

But, we continue to do it anyway, and it's what led to the interception. If we get in 2nd and 3rd and long scenarios where it is obvious we have to pass, we just don't have the playmakers to make up for the coverage they will throw out there.

5. Truth

Truth Member

Please pass more, Carr is being used like an old toy.

6. The Cat

Well, if you pass, it'll just be ruled incomplete.

How the **** could Dawson have turned around 180 degrees and made two steps if he didn't have possession of the ball, morons?

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This offense is so painful to watch. If we run the ball, our blocking is not very good, and not much comes of it. When we do break off a big run, about half the time it is called back from a penalty.

If we throw the ball, half the time Carr actually has enough time in the pocket to get a pass off. Then, half the time his throw is a bad one and the receivers can't get to it. But if it is a good throw, then half the time our poor handed receivers drop the easy catch and we get nothing... :mad:

Oh well...I suppose that first game spoiled me a bit. :(

8. The Cat

This is one of the more ridiculously officiated games I've ever seen. Curtis Conway just pushed off Aaron Glenn again to make a big catch! And that's not all of it... it looked like his second foot hit the out of bounds line. Yet, the officials didn't feel it even warranted a review. :rolleyes:

9. Truth

Truth Member

Seau is celebrating like he just won the Super Bowl. Is there some kind of penalty?

10. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I'm getting sick of Seau and his celebrating. Geez, act like you've done it before...

11. The Cat

What the ****?

Curtis Conway appeared to clearly have one foot out of bounds on that catch a minute ago, but no review... and now they review David Carr's sack near the end zone? Remember that in the last two minutes, reviews are determined from the officials upstairs, not the teams... how can you review one and not the other? This is ridiculous.

12. Truth

Truth Member

Can you say, make-up call?

13. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Boy, no kidding. Earlier in the game, he was celebrating a false start penalty. There are several things wrong with that. Firstly, it has little if anything to do with him. Secondly, it happens quite frequently and is not all that bad of a penalty to get called on you (as far as penalties go). He acted like it sealed the win for them.

14. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I don't know about the other calls you're whining about, but that was not a catch. Dude was fumbling the ball between his hands before he got hit, clear as day.

15. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Yeah, I was pissed at first too, but after they showed it in slow motion, my anger shifted from the refs to Dawson for not bring in such an easy and key catch.

16. The Cat

Not to me... he fumbled it later, but he had the ball and made a move before it started to come loose. Even the announcers admitted that much.

Also, I love the objective take that if you don't agree with everything the officials do, you're a whiner. :rolleyes:

17. Truth

Truth Member

Quote the Raven, nevermore.

18. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Yeah, I just love your objective takes too Cat.

You complaining repeatedly about officiating? No way!

19. Truth

Truth Member

Those darn refs are making us turn against each other. NO!!!

20. Truth

Truth Member

Everytime we look like something can happen, BAM!!! Something goes wrong.