1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

What's the leak thread look like? The finale wasn't leaked also right?

2. The Stig

The Stig Member

@BigM The Finale has not been leaked yet from I've seen so far.

EDIT: The script is out though. Tread carefully in that thread.

BigM likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

will binge watch as soon as episode 7 airs. is the finale like 2 hours?

4. Anticope

Anticope Member

Travel on this show has become so dumb now. Yes, it's a fantasy show but the fact that they were able to fly a raven to Dragonstone and Dany then flew her dragons from Dragonstone to beyond the wall to the right spot at the exact right time all while they were sitting there surrounded is ridiculous.

The white walkers signed KD though so that's pretty cool.

ghettocheeze, J Sizzle, BigM and 3 others like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It would be nice to have some reference of time. How long did it take Jon and company to reach the dead army? How long was Gendry running when he left the group? How long was the suicide squad on that rock? How long did it take Dany to reach said rock? How long has the Night King been walking? Where is he in relation to the wall?

How did the Night King know to wait for Dany?

This show is super profitable, and super popular, is it too much to ask for a rendering of Ghost? come on, man.

ghettocheeze, BigM and J Sizzle like this.
  6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

All that rowing gave Gendry good cardio to make it back to Eastwatch.

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

He was truckin.

8. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Well at least now we know how the wall is gonna be breached.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That episode gets an A+ for entertainment and a D- for logic/writing

10. The Stig

The Stig Member

It's get an F for logic and writing. Worst penultimate episode of the entire series.

Yeah, let's just send a pack of wights and WW to do check out some fire. After the minor skirmish, one wight just happens to be alive. Or that the Hound throwing rocks almost led to everyone's death.

And the NK happens to have a homing missile that can take out a dragon in one shot. Come on son.

11. MystikArkitect

Easily the most pissed I've been about a death since Oberyn. Just so unnecessary. Both from the idiotic plan itself to Sandor throwing that damn rock.

Not only does the NK have a dragon now but Dany is going to have to tread hella carefully with Drogon and Rhaegall.

The Arya/Sansa angle is the one part of the episode I could've done without. That whole story line jumped the shark before the season even aired. Have a hard time buying Arya's attitude towards her sister when she's spent so much time away.

ghettocheeze, fba34 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not sure why they decided to rush this show and end it in just 2 seasons; they are jamming so much in. They could have easily made 3 to 4 seasons by just travel, motivation, war strategy, politics and reveals alone.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Popular, yes. Profitable? That's only if people are literally lining up to subscribe to HBO simply for this show.

While the costs of the show have risen dramatically since season 1, I'd bet the increased subscriber rate hasn't matched that. Certainly, they can off-set costs by charging more to cable companies, and then the subscribers... but we all know that isn't necessarily palatable.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Trading a random zombie foot soldier for a dragon?

[​IMG]

ghettocheeze, justtxyank and The Stig like this.
  15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They can't afford it.

At this point, they should have simply made it into a few movies.... not that HBO movies have ever done all that well.

DreamShook likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure the problem has been that they don't have as much material to work with and they have serious money considerations. You could blow a whole season's worth of budget just doing one really awesome battle scene.

DreamShook likes this.
  17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

what about merch and DVD sales? Does that all go to GRRM?

Personally I think the more money they gave GoT the lazier they got. They couldn't get creative with the budget to give us more episode and fleshed out plots? It's not all about the damn dragons! Everyone is so geeked up about these damn dragons!

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Well I can see that happening. It seems like GRRM gave them the skeleton of what was to happen in the books and they took that skeleton, with no meat on the bone, and put it on screen.

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

So this would've been an A+ episode for you if the writers did these two things:

a) Spent 5 minutes of the show having Dany and the dragons fly aimlessly over backdrops of nothing but snow. "Gee, I wonder where these people are"
    .... 4 more minutes fly by.
    "Oh, there they are!!!"

and

b) After those 5 minutes have lapsed and Dany finally finds them, one of them gets the camera zoomed in on them and they say, "boy, I'm sure glad Dany and those dragons finally showed up after 38 hours, 24 minutes and 19 seconds. Thank goodness I brought my watch with me so I could get an accurate reading of how much time has passed"

See point B above.

I fail to see how in a fantasy show with absolutely ZERO aspects of realism, people are annoyed that one person doesn't turn to another and mention how much time has passed since a previous event.

Why would Gendry saying, "geez that was a cold 3 hours and 38 minutes of running back to the wall" make the episode better?

Why would Dany saying, "my back is sore from sitting on Drogon for 4 hours" make the episode better?

Why would Jon saying, "oh good we've walked for 13 hours, here's a perfect spot to light some logs on fire" make the episode better?

Why would the Night King chuckling to himself as he torpedoes a dragon saying "I've walked 13535237958 miles for this moment" make the episode better?

Why would Jon giving a precise grid square location of the Night King make the episode better?

Indaface and don grahamleone like this.