1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

if jamie comes out alive after clearly getting buried in piles and piles of building rubble, I'm instantly signing the online GoT petition to remake season 8 :)

ROXTXIA, cebu, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Dany now has a problem that John has a better claim on the throne than she does, and the secret is out. She has to be the conqueror if she's going to get the Iron Throne. Even if she didn't go mad and kill all the denizens of King's Landing, she still needs to be the one to win the day so she can say they never could have won without her. It also doesn't hurt that she has a chance to demonstrate her power to deter any challenge. So, no I don't think as assassination solves her core problem, nor would a surrender. If she could have kept the civilian deaths to a minimum, she'd be pretty secure on the throne right now with John's support because her army defeated the Golden Company and because her dragon razed the Red Keep.

I am interested to see how they resolve it now though. If she's gone full Mad Queen, the next thing she should be doing is purging her own people of anyone who isn't on board, which means executing John, Arya, Tyrion, and any other surviving good guys I forgot, plus invading Winterfell and eliminating Sansa. Given that she has the army and a dragon, no one can fight her.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think Dany chose **** westeros allies and rejects. Not sure who would've taken her seriously after that. I mean Tyrion and Varys where outright conspiring what a bunch of rumors of legitimacy (That They Spread!) would do to her reign.

Those rumors really wouldn't have done much UNLESS she ruled with love, hearts/minds and all of that....

Cliche and tropes-wise the final episode will prob be some standoff between Dany and the North, but realistically, since they're both battered, it's really up to the rest of Westeros to decide how they'd resist rather than making Sansa or puppet John do the heavy lifting.

Historically, Dany just nuked Kings Landing. If anyone dares to resist, they better have their own nukes.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Geez. That's definitely right up there with what to expect on GoT.. but I hope the Starks aren't wiped out.

I'm holding out hope that Jon or Arya kills Dany. But she's already got the NK so I don't think they give her another HVT.

5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure if this has been predicted yet, but I think Dany will try to burn Jon Snow with the Dragon, but Jon will walk out of the fire and prove to everyone he is the rightful heir. He may even show her mercy afterward.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. Carl Herrera

Has Jon ever shown fire resistance like Dany? I mean, just because you are a Targaryan doesn't mean you are immune to heat-- see Vyserys. Is it realistic for Jon to have never figured out whether fire burns him all his life?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. AstrosRockets1818

Not sure how they rap this all up in 1 final episode.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

he got burned by the lantern when he grabbed it from Commander Mormant, when he saved him from getting attacked by the wight

now im not sure if being brought back to life affects anything but yeah it's anyone's guess I suppose

snowconeman22 and withmustard like this.
  10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not sure if it’s been mentioned recently in the thread (I haven’t been reading it) that Martin is still trying the finish the next to last novel of A Song of Fire and Ice. I read book 1 when it came out, followed by book 2 two years later, and book 3, A Storm of Swords, 2 years after that. Then Martin flipped out, had writer’s block or something crazy, because A Feast for Crows came after a five year wait (which was extremely irritating for fans, me included), and then A Dance with Dragons took six years. Talk about maddening! During the very long wait for books 4 and 5, there were regular claims, rumors, and what have you that the next one was “almost finished.” Sometimes that BS came from Martin himself.

My point? Martin loves to do the unexpected. He gets off on it. I don’t know if the two writers of the series feel the same way, though. It’s a mixed bag. They’ve departed from the novels a great deal in places, and besides doing things that were “off the reservation,” took some big shortcuts to “move the story along.” I’m looking forward to the last episode (I really hope someone kills Dany, who turned into a crazy b**** and killed tens of thousands of innocent people, just as Tyrion feared), but Martin is still busy writing those last two novels. Hell, he’s probably “busy” working on the next one, with just an outline for the “last one.”

It could take him years for the next novel, and years for the last. Don’t assume that it won’t. Of course, he might get some “help” to move things along (not unusual for authors who are extremely popular and write very long novels, like Tom Clancy, for example) because he’ll have publishers screaming at him to finish the damn things so they can all make a mint due the the popularity of the great HBO series. Yet, again, you can’t just assume that, and he likely won’t take that route. If HBO follows Martin’s template, the last episode will leave some things “hanging” and will have some surprises. Heck, they may intend to make another series out of the last two novels, if Martin can get off his butt and finish the damn things in anything like a reasonable time.

Just thought I’d toss that out there, as someone who read the novels from the beginning, when they were first published. While I would like things to end a particular way, I’m very doubtful if the ending will please me, or if there is even a “clean” ending. Maybe they (the pair writing the screenplays) will pull a “Conan,” and end it having Jon Snow sitting alone on a throne in a big, cold room, hand on the hilt of his sword, looking both threatening and unhappy. It wouldn’t surprise me. I wouldn’t mind it, either. Then I will continue my interminable wait for Martin’s next “epic.”

11. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Guess YOLO cleared up that theory. I know it seems silly but did Dany know she was fire resistant before being an adult? It didn't seem so.

12. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I think your guess is best now. Great point I didn't and still don't remember.

13. Carl Herrera

D
    Remember Dany taking the super hot bath in the very first episode?

withmustard likes this.
  14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Forgot that too.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Directors Cut v2 on the Platinum edition blurays:

A woman's voice is overheard:
    Why so sad?
    You still know nothing John Snow.

::Lord of Light laughs in the background::

I imagine the LoL to be some fat old neckbeard controlling an army of hags while farting destinies/prophesies out of his butt. His laugh would be at Les Alexander's level of epicness.

#1875 Invisible Fan, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
  16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

A show can get away with mediocre writing if fans are enjoying what they are watching. The last few seasons had equally poor writing, but there were so many fun and exciting things happening people overlooked it.

This ending isn't fun, and it was never gonna be fun. If the writing was excellent then this ending could have been amazing, but it wasn't so everything just feels like it sucks. The casuals who aren't concerned with writing hate this, and those of us that do appreciate good writing hate this as well.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I can see how Jamie would survive the castle coming down on him because of his golden prosthetic arm which he was not wearing at the time.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Charles Can Dance.

[​IMG]

#1878 daywalker02, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
  19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

We didn't see the bodies... at this point the audience will cheer for Cersie if she emerges from rubble.

20. cebu

cebu Member

HEY YOU MAD LANNISTER FANS:

the writers confirmed that Jaime and Cercei DIED TOGETHER since they both came to earth together.

The mad queen will stay mad and you know what mad people do. so that means Tyrion and Jon are embarrassed for supporting her claim to the throne.

And what would you do if you're in their shoes thinking that you and your family won't be safe.. escape or fight to kill her. how? that's the show this Sunday.

My guess is Dany will bend the knee to Jon by force. A BJ will convince him that she's for real. OK i lost that one.