1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think the point is that Dany tried the noble path and failed when she lost her children and bestie by following the advice of people who eventually betrayed her.

She was born anew in fire, so shall her world.

At least he didn't rape her. :rolleyes:

Dgn1 and BiGGieStuFF like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The writers have already explained her purposes. She simply wanted revenge and didn't like they were getting off so easy. Das it.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agreed. I like complaining about the plot holes in the show a bit, but some of the complaining I've seen even in entertainment articles is over the top. I know I've had arguments with people who were saying I was over the top, and I'm not nearly as bad as some. The show deserves some grief, but now folks are just dogpiling.

4. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I keep seeing these things misunderstood:

1. After the battle of Winterfell it was stated that about half of the Dothraki and about half of the Unsullied were left.

2. Arya gave Sansa a Dragonglass dagger not the Valeryian dagger that Little Finger gave to Bran.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

so yeah she originally obtained 8,000 unsullied and also was told about 5,000 were in training. the dothraki army was estimated to be about 40/50k fighting. so yeah even half or even more of those amounts is a lot but still going to seem more than what they are when portrayed.

K mf G likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No way she had 50k Dothraki to start. Did they ever say on the show how big the army was while in Westeros?

I'm guessing more like 15k Dothraki and 8k Unsullied.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

i think this was the 2nd time around. that dothraki hoard was much bigger than khal's

8. JuanValdez

This was already established a couple of seasons back when Tyrion escaped imprisonment, got on a boat and sailed for whatever that other continent is called.

AstrosRockets1818 likes this.
  9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lol, indeed. But as it was "forgotten" to an extent, then brought back up to help Jaime, just a reminder of how many better plans there were than the crap they decided to do.

10. JuanValdez

Jaime was one of the few people who was established to have known about it. But of course, Tyrion would be another person who would definitely know, and he could have suggested that an elite team of Unsullied sneak in to kill the queen and/or undermine the defenses from the inside. But then, the dragon can just swoop in and knock everything down anyway. If you can drop the medieval version of the atom bomb, why make the attack plan complicated?

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Everyone has acknowledged that the best assassin Arya could easily infiltrate King's Landing to quietly kill Cersei and end the war before the battle, but the writers refused to bring it up.

There was no logic in the battle plans for Winterfell or King's Landing. They went with visuals instead.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Arya's reason for wanting to kill cersei is not the same reasons as Dany's though. She isn't looking to end some war. she want's revenge for her family. she doesn't care about Dany or the throne

13. cebu

cebu Member

Post image of Daryl Morey here.

justtxyank likes this.
  14. Duncan McDonuts

They both want Cersei gone. Reasons don't matter. Dany asking Arya to assassinate Cersei solves both their problems and wants.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course reasons matter.

no it doesn't. arya doesn't even like dany, why would she do anything for her. arya's doing it for herself and her family. Dany's biggest issue is the throne which arya cares nothing about. what would actually be terrible writing is if arya all of a sudden starts doing favors for dany, who she has no connection with whatsoever. She didn't even come to meet her when they first arrived at wf in the first place, while everyone else did

"i don't trust her" is a pretty clear indication of one's feelings

#1855 YOLO, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  16. Duncan McDonuts

I get your point that Arya won't do any favors for Dany. But Dany knows Arya is gunning for Cersei. Dany could wait for Arya to assassinate Cersei and easily take the throne then.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

does she though? they've never had any sort of conversation. if dany knows about arya's list, that's definitely news to me and I have no idea how she would know of such

18. Duncan McDonuts

I assume she does since she has Varys. There's also Jon who can't keep a secret for the welfare of the 7 kingdoms.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Neither of them know of Arya's list haha. nobody even knows the names on her list besides Bran. The hound knew she had a list. and Sansa found out when Bran brought it up outside the godswood when arya first returned to winterfell. So that pretty much breaks down the full exposure of anyone with any type of knowledge regarding the list.

If anyone has a person I'm missing, please refresh my memory

AstrosRockets1818 and justtxyank like this.
  20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

There are articles floating around the Internet that are indicating they think Jamie is still alive. The main reason being everyone was busy saying goodbye on social media to Lena (Cersei) but nobody was saying goodbye to the actor playing Jamie (and he didn't acknowledge his character was dead). Also, there are claims the actor isn't doing exit interviews like all the rest of the freshly killed. One has to wonder... .