1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

There is no way either Jon or Dany dies this early. Too much plot armor. I don’t think the Night King will even be at the Winterfell battle. They didn’t show him at the end of episode 2 so he might be headed to Kings Landing. I also don’t see Dany and Sansa forming any kind of alliance without Jon. Sansa already made it clear she want the North to be independent.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The following just struck me:
    Others have mentioned that Night King to attack King's Landing makes sense. But that could leave a multi-episode siege / stand-off type of thing at Winterfell, with many more heartfelt conversations over several episodes. Hrmmm.

Would personally love:
    souped-up scorpion contraption kills ice dragon with dragon-glass bolt or something.
    night king turns Cersei into night queen
    bran finds his way into winterfell and considers the assassinations.

but, there's a very good reason I'm neither a writer for GOT or an NBA analyst. Probably a large set of reasons.

3. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

"You will never walk again, but you will fly."

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If it was me at Winterfell and I heard Cersei wasn't sending the troops, I'd just have everyone retreat towards Kings Landing.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Then you would have a battle between the Alliance and Cerseis army, all while the dead are on your rear. What good would that do?

Invisible Fan and RudyTBag like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Cersei's 2.5 armies are no match. Everybody is in Winterfell with the dragons.

7. MystikArkitect

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

what fleet of boats are you using to retreat the largest collective army in westeros to get there and that doesn't even include the women, children, and elderly that occupy the lands as well

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

boats? why u need boats? dont you just walk the kingsroad? NEd did it in season 1.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean expecting all of those masses just walking on the kingsroad during winter doesn't present any issues for you?

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

When you have MAGA power. Obstacles as those seem insignificant.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Seems way easier than fighting the dead.

13. tallanvor

less than transporting by boat. I think its like a 1 episode trip if i recall. Dany just hiked her whole army from dragonstone to winterfell (a further distance i think)

Winterfell is land locked anyway so your suggestion is to hike everyone to a port and then set sail.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

only took 8 seasons

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean traveling with trained soldiers is alot different than traveling with those that are not. not to mention its the heart of winter, you need food etc. that was already an issue at winterfell. I didnt make a suggestion. but to realistically move that amount of people you're going to need boats.

Just walking on the kingroad as if its just a bright and sunny day and nothing is going on out there is pretty unrealistic to me. but hey this is why game of thrones gets all the talk they do

16. tallanvor

boats don't magically generate food. why is that better?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

edited above: to realistically move that amount of people you're going to need boats.

Just walking on the kingroad as if its just a bright and sunny day and nothing is going on out there is pretty unrealistic to me. but hey this is why game of thrones gets all the talk they do

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Will Dany accept Jon as King? Or will her greed and single mindedness mess up their relationship?

Two dragon riders enter.......

DD

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Dany will know she must give up the throne when the dragon/dragons chose Jon over her.

heypartner likes this.
  20. Roscoe Arbuckle

Will Gizmondo make a comeback?