1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Heres a hot take: The world destroys itself with only the Lannister baby and the Targyreon baby surviving to rise from the ashes to fight each other for the final right to sit on the throne, in which is half melted from dragon breath.

heypartner likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Oh, sh`t. This is how Dany is going to come to believe Jon is the King. Jon is going to survive fire in some episode.

Before that, if they choose to tell Dany about Sam/Bran's reveal to Jon, she won't believe it ... maybe a lot of tenshion, and probably Jon still not really caring about being named King ... then Dany sees him survive fire, and comes to believe, and makes him accept his rule, by Bending the Knee to Him.

This Bending the Knee annoyance comes full circle.

#262 heypartner, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    BigM likes this.
  3. heypartner

That was his "pause to find something more interesting" comment.

4. donkeypunch

Or maybe she sentences him to death by fire for treasonous acts and then realizes she cant just torch him.

5. heypartner

Death by Dragon, and he survives. Or he survives a hit by the dead dragon

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. donkeypunch

Is that one still technically breathing fire? I think its more of a Mr Freeze ice blast now. I dont know if he survives that.

7. heypartner

I'm not going to argue technicalities. haha...I remember the "discussion" in last season thread about ice blast v fire on steroids (blue flames). it's still a dragon...would work for me. but I could see an internet "melt down" over technicalites. haha

anyhoot, would be fitting that something happens whereby Dany Bends the Knee to Him, upon witnessing a Targaryen miracle.

donkeypunch likes this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If it can tear down an ice wall, I'm guessing that blue fire is hot.

For once, I'm w/ team Sansa who thinks Jon gave it up to tap dat.

dobro1229 likes this.
  9. Entropy

Entropy Member

Maybe I'm reading signals wrong, but I think Sansa wants to bang Jon.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

In season 1 Jon burns his hand trying to kill that wight that was brought to castle black. Not saying the show won’t go there but it would be a pretty major inconsistency.

It’s GOT though. Varys pretty much telegraphed it in the episode last night when Tyrion, him, and Davos were talking about a marriage of and Jon and Dany. He ended the scene by saying “nothing lasts”. Meaning their love/alliance is sort of forbidden fruit and isn’t something that will last.

K mf G likes this.
  11. dobro1229

My takes-

-I think Beric’s role was to setup Jon’s resurrection. They needed a minor character to setup for the audience how it would be believable in this world. He’s useful now to the story for the sake of giving us cool fire sword lightsaber fighting scenes.

-Mel I think will be back in the story soon in Winterfell to really help with context to the audience about who the white walkers are, what they want, etc. She understands human sacrifice too which might be important as it relates to white walkers and their need to procreate through human sacrifice.

- I think the ending with Dany will have to mirror Danys vision in the House of the Undying in season 2. Monarchy destroyed, her dragons flying over Kings landing for some reason, and Dany ultimately going to live beyond the wall to be with the dead.

Or something like that. I think Dany ultimately has her fate decided with the conclusion of the Night King story and ultimately she becomes some sort of mythical queen beyond the wall. Maybe she ultimately is what can end the need for baby sacrifices to the walkers or something.

No idea really lol. Wouid make sense though to have something like that end her story in a typical GRRM story.

12. heypartner

yeah, guess half-breeds don't have that Defense against Fire ability. It was fun thinking about for an hour, though.

dobro1229 likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

That was before he came back from the dead though. He may be indestructible now.

14. dobro1229

Yeah Bucks explanation could be what the show runners use as a device for the inconsistency.

15. heypartner

That's what's so great about Tormund. He states who he wants to bang, repeating his quest for Brienne. Same with Euron, who's "disgusting" but woman "like that" ... as Cersei said.

What happens when Tormund sees Sansa's red hair. Will he forget about Brienne and having giant babies, and move onto to a thirst for pure redhead babies (and still tall). Sansa's needs to get laid too, by a nice man for once, on her terms, and Tormund is a gentleman with the ladies, or is that shyness. At first Sansa would act disgusted, then like Cersei, call him into her chambers.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think Sam Believes in her either

I don't think Bran will seek revenge on the KingSlayer
    he knows Jamie's life . . .. and he know his own . . . ..
    The fun part of this episode was seeing so many people that f*cked over each other
    having to come together for a common good
    some are over it .. . .some are not . . . .

How *EXACTLY* will/Can Jon *PROVE* his heritage?

Rocket River

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Technically Jon is an undead himself. Takes one to know the others. :D

No mention of Lady Stoneheart, a little bummed out about that.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When did they take his castle. . .. I missed that one

Rocket River

19. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I may be remembering this incorrectly, but hasn't GRRM said that the ability to survive fire not a Targaryen trait and that Daenerys' survival in Essos was more related to an instance of magic than an ability of hers?

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think her likability is shown in how MORE UNLIKABLE the others are
    She is great but she is not Cersei or The Crazy Chick

I think Cersei will be the Night Queen :)

Rocket River

justtxyank likes this.