1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They wanted to do an anarchy to monarchy to democracy transition ASAP.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

That's a good point, but Jon was not going to become king without a whole lot of bloodshed.

This was the route towards peace...something that hasn't been there since the show started.

3. sammy

I'm sure it has been beaten to death, but what they were trying to accomplish would have been much better over two seasons.

We don't get to decide that though.. they wanted to move on from the show.

The incessant complaining on social media is a bit annoying to me.

Eric Riley, K mf G, mikol13 and 3 others like this.
  4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

At that point, it didn't really matter. Kingship was not a birthright anymore. That birthright card should have been played after Jon shanked his aunt/lover/queen/Mother of Dragons/mass murderer.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

That's fair. Still, the entire council and reason for Grey Worm's involvement was pretty poorly set up. I'm confused as to why Grey Worm would just host all these people and allow his prisoner to basically choose the next king while he holds the city anyway.

It was only not a birthright anymore because that's what they ended up deciding.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nah
    Them those same MFers that were cheering when Ned lost his head

Rocket River

Dgn1 and sammy like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

GreyWorm really doesn't have any position at this point, especially there. His queen that he served is dead. He's only the leader of the unsullied at this point. The only thing he can do is make the decision to start a war

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, but from what I understood from the show, he held the city and two prisoners which he just let free. I guess he let them go because he didn't want to keep fighting, but he had all the leverage. He also told Sansa that there were thousands of unsullied that were basically ready to go to war.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah, the greyworm we got used to would of just killed them but yeah it really did come down to whether or not another war was starting and sansa said they had men there just in case as well.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

A better ending (would have needed more time) would have been Sansa calling the banners of the North, Vale and Riverlands to go to war against an alliance of Unsullied/Dothraki/Dorne in order to make Jon king. They could have had dialogue about his lineage. And then HE could have avoided the war by giving up the crown, like Aemon did. Then they could have had a kingsmoot and settled on a king after Jon abdicated and agreed to take the black to keep the peace in the realm.

LFE171, Falcons Talon and sammy like this.
  11. sammy

Greyworm didn't come off as a bad person. He stopped to looked at Jon when Dany was burning the city.. he looked concerned/surprised about what was happening. There was no more fighting.. that's the route the writers took.

One thing that kinda gets to me is Jon killing Dany after she just helped his ass defeat the Night King. Lol.. that's why it was hard to cram in all of this in a couple of episodes.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

i actually took that as he looked at Jon to see whether or not he would continue to follow him and not that he was concerned. greyworm was in just as much revenge mode as Dany after witnessing his gf get her head cut off. he was going to kill as many of them as he could. I didn't really think he was a bad person either. he's just very loyal

Falcons Talon and sammy like this.
  13. sammy

True. It was a bit odd how they really never showed him grieving for her.. besides some faces he made. What you are saying makes sense

#2253 sammy, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It actually would have been fine for the ending if Greyworm did kill Jon. Then they could have their council scene where they pick a new king and get rid of primogeniture. The Unsullied get some justice for the regicide and there's no reason for them to have to negotiate in the council -- they can just negotiate a surrender of the city and set sail. Killing Jon also obviates the problem of having a guy running around with Targaryen blood. The only thing you lose is that you don't get to have Jon ride off into the sunset, which gives the ending more of a tragedy aspect. But at least it'd be a little less stupid.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

but then we wouldn't have a ghost/tormund/jon spinoff with the Freefolk :)

JuanValdez likes this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm picturing something between Grizzly Adams and Little House on the Prairie.

mikol13 likes this.
  17. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Until Bran wargs into Drogon and torches the Unsullied, or Jon uses his Targaryen card and calls in Drogon to torch the Unsullied, or they held a trial by combat and Jon's plot armor>Grey Worm's plot armor. Essentially, I just take it for what it is.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Was Jon even a option at that time? I mean, Grey Worm still had him captive and he sure was not going to stand for him being King.

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Grey worm having a say was the biggest LOL. Uh, b**** shut up and stab people with your spear when we tell you to and only when we tell you to.

Sajan likes this.
  20. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Danaerys made Greyworm Master of War, how many of you think that's what Greyworm wanted?

Also, pretty messed up the racism that existed at the kingsmoot.