1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Never in the history of television has a multi-season epic started from such a lofty height only to fall to the lowest depths of the earth.

With GoT isn't the only series to disappoint in its concluding episodes, I can't think of another series that fell so far so fast.

LosPollosHermanos and Zboy like this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The last episode was a an ending from a Disney Fairy tale.

The evil Dany from last episode is killed.

Everyone gets a happy ending.

Happily ever after.

EVERYTHING against what made Games of Throne great.

Such a disappointing final season and ending after so many great years.

A tragedy.

astros123 and Invisible Fan like this.
  3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Man. Season 8....quite the disappointment. I thoroughly enjoyed 1 episode....the one where they were all drunk the night before the battle vs the white walkers.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don’t think the ending was a big problem. It’s the way they got there. Everything was so rushed, it just felt like things got tied up too quickly.

mikol13 and justtxyank like this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The ending didnt fit with the Game of Throne storytelling from previous seasons.

It was too cheerful and hopeful. Like I said, too fairy talish.

There was nothing bitter sweet about Dany's death. It was just sweet. b**** leveled the city and deserved to die.

justtxyank likes this.
  7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I think every single character that was ever captured or locked up had one of these type visits .
    I was really hoping that Dany had stabbed Jon during that embrace .

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Too cheerful. Didn’t like a million people die in episode 5?

BigM likes this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I meant this episode.

Some of the Starks needed to die at the very least.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So how did Drogon know that the throne was the symbol of corruption like the Berlin Wall ?

Can we at least have a scene where he took Dani?

11. tinman

Supporting Member

I wanted Dani to ask Drogon to kill Jon and he wouldn’t do it . Then Drogon lets him kill her.

Andre0087 likes this.
  12. hooroo

hooroo Member

or some crazy time skipping took place, 'cause the wall appeared to be rebuilt by the end scene.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I haven't complained about any of the recent episodes, because I thought they were good.

This series finale? What a big disappointment in that it was so predictable. No cliff hangers or anything, man. To me. the highlight of season 8 as far as suspense was the Long Night. After that it was all downhill, culminating with a terrible last episode.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Aren't dragons supposed to be wise or intelligent ? I kind of thought that even though he was heartbroken over her death , he could also sense that she'd gone crazy

B-Bob likes this.
  15. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

That actually would have been far more in line with Dany's new character that they were trying to portray. So she becomes this ruthless person only to then trust Jon??? Would have made a lot more sense for Dany to have been the one to stab Jon.

The real point is that Tyrion won the Game of Thrones but is smart enough not to want to actually sit on the throne himself. He is the hand behind the throne because he knows Bran would pretty much leave the real ruling to him and he is happy to be the figurehead. No one else would serve in that capacity that is why Tyrion suggested him.

Dankstronaut and Chamillionaire like this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

So all of the sudden people forgot Jon was the legit heir to the throne ?

mfastx, Rocket River, Sajan and 2 others like this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This.

Apparently she didn't know how to make a decent spy network and had to rely on a dwarf, a eunuch, and his little beggar kids to tell her sweet sweet Westerosi gossip.

I would've preferred a reign of terror montage with an open ending. One that would've let the audience argue between totalitarian unification or the messy, eternal pettiness between the nobility who turned the wheel.

Much more historical. Much more ambiguous.

The writers wussed out not making Sansa and Dany fight for ideological reasons. I still hate Sansa but if she were friends with Dany but resisted her rather than act as a cynical, bitter xenophobe, that might've put more nuance and meaning to the whole damn thing

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Sir Jorah cant seem to get any peace at all.

Daenerys headed to afterlife to friend-zone him there.

Kim, bratna8 and B-Bob like this.
  19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They changed it so the crown is no longer hereditary.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Frankly there was nothing this episode could have done to save this mess of a season.

The showrunners ruined this when they decided to fast track the conclusion instead of giving it room to breathe and develop. This should have been at least 8 full seasons, could have gone 9 pretty easily. The whole payoff with Dany just felt hollow due to the rushed nature.

This is seriously some of the worst writing I have ever seen on a major television series. Every f**king character did stupid things..constantly. Whatever they had to forget, or choose to do incorrectly, or in a manner out of character, they did for the sake of plot. I'm flabbergasted just how bad the writing got for this season. It was less than stellar in season 6 and 7 (tolerable enough to be carried by exciting stuff onscreen), but it reached a new low. To their credit they did an absolutely marvelous job of adapting material onto the screen, but they should have handed the writing off to someone else.

#2080 sealclubber1016, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019