1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game] Fifa 16

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by krnxsnoopy, Aug 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Anybody pre-order this yet? Haven't played Fifa in a couple years but just picked up a PS4 so looking to pick up this game. I see there's a regular and Deluxe version now. They didn't have this few years ago, is it worth it? Also if you pre-order from Amazon rather than Gamestop, do you receive it in the mail on the release date, or do you receive it 2 days later?

Thanks.

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I plan to just go to the store the day of release and buy FIFA 16. I'd say just get the regular edition. I paid for the deluxe edition of 15 and it was just paying an extra $10 for fluff. As far as ordering from Amazon you usually get it 1-3 days of the release date if not on that day.

But really if you are planning on buying games a little more often I'd go to Best Buy and pay for a Gamers Club Unlocked membership and get %20 discounts on all new games. Its only $30 and its paid for itself for me already a couple times over.

3. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I'd definitely go to Best Buy to preorder. In addition to the packs you get from a standard preorder, they also offer a $10 reward certificate if you're a My Best Buy member.

4. gah

gah Member

Do you play fut? To me the deluxe version seems worth it if you're playing ultimate team.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I don't. I've been meaning to try it out but ususally I'm just playing co-op season with my buddy as we cuss at each other in frustration about the other team who are one again playing as Real Mardid/Barcelona

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

EA destroyed FUT last year with price caps. Just r****ded.

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I'll be pre-ordering for my PS3. I played the closed beta FUT for a few days. Was interesting and the draft team was kind of interesting as well.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So it sucks?

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I think its pretty good, not much of an improvement over the last game, but it has some minimal improvements.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I have FIFA 14 on PS4, and skipped out on getting 15. Is 16 gonna be worth getting for me, or should I just keep owning up fools on 14??

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I played the 16 demo and the controls felt... like I was stuck in mud. Like there are animations and physics and pee-pee games that go into making moves that didn't used to be there.

I'd say.... get Fifa 15. Lol.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

FIFA 17 demo goes HARD.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Doesn't seem they improved much, should've focused on bettering the core gameplay/presentation over wasting time on the stupid story mode.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm not even sure what story mode is? The gameplay feels VERY different to me in almost all aspects that matter.

15. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Member

FIFA 17 Demo is awesome, can't wait for full release

16. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Not sure if I am going to get 17 or wait for it to hit EA Access in six months. Going through the process of building up a decent team is just to much of a pain.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

I still can't do that goalie drill.

18. Anticope

Anticope Member

19. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Played a little bit of The Journey last night. I now feel a little less excited about it than I was after playing the demo. Mostly because I realized that in the demo, they gave you sensible objectives. In the full product, notsomuch sometimes.

In the real game, at one point they made me do 2-on-3 scoring drills, except gave no point credit for when the defense fouled me. Or, they would start the play on a chest-down that goes straight to the defender's feet. So a good score seemed to have too much dependence on random factors totally outside my control.

I also just got to the game where apparently, I have to "show grit" by getting 5 tackles in 30 minutes (game time, not real time) as a lone striker. What? That's completely ridiculous. It encourages nonsense sprint-at-the-ball "defending", instead of cutting out passing lanes or providing a clear passing lane for the rest of the team (again, lone striker). I played most of the time given after I was subbed in, and kept getting feedback to "stop lunging in for tackles so much." Well, how the hell else am I going to meet your nonsense goal? And even playing that way, I only had 3 tackles near the end. At that point I just turned the system off and went to bed.

Those are the most egregious examples, but there's also the simple injustice of receiving a pass that leaves you with no passing lanes and nowhere to run to, yet you're chastised for "not moving the ball" (move it where?). Or being criticized for running offsides because your AI teammate couldn't be bothered to play an easy through-ball for a sure goal, even when you call for it several seconds ahead of your run. Or being told that was a "bad pass" because your teammate stopped running as soon as you try to play in a cross.

We'll see if I have the patience to continue it. What I'm really looking forward to is once again doing a Career Mode with a League 2 side. Didn't get to do that last year because I bought PES instead. I'm excited about the additional team management features they supposedly added to Career Mode, though I understand they're minimal. Something is better than nothing. I want to see if I can wait until the next patch though, because it always seems to be buggy, and I end up screwed because I started my Career right away on day 1.

Gameplay is... okay. I feel like the pass assist got worse ("hey, that's not who I meant to pass to!"), but all else seems a little smoother. I kinda wish I'd never tried PES, because I do like their gameplay a little more,with a few caveats. Shame all their career mode features are half-assed garbage, which is why I skipped it this year. As many are saying, it would be nice if we could have PES's gameplay with FIFA's everything else in one game.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I like FIFA '16 enough to skip '17. I'll probably just wait until FIFA '18, and hope they address some of the shortcomings that '16 has.