1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 7 officiating

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kracka0476, May 15, 2009.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Someone text those ppl that give answers to anything when you text them!...do yall kno wat im talkin about? i just forgot the ppl who did that! but its like .50 a text to them! :confused:

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

That's Cha-Cha (242-242)!

3. StevieCrossover

i feel ya

4. StevieCrossover

Well rockets do have the media's attention since they have those viewers from China even though Yao is off injured still has an impact on the viewers so maybe they will advane after all.

5. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

chacha is free!

6. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

Scola & hayes shouldnt even suit up then

7. ILoveTheRockets

why celebrate if we beat the Lakers?

there is still another series to be played, stay hungry Rockets fans!! don't settle for us just beating the Lakers, look to eat the whole pie.

8. logicx

logicx Member

An no coincidence either...a coincidence would be 5-1, 6-3...10-1...that's disgusting.

9. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

If any1 has watched game 6 closely would've noticed the game was officiated terribly. Lakers got away with a lot of shhhh. Same goes for game 2 & 5, believe it or not.

10. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Everytime we win, Laker fans say the refs helped us.

Everytime we lose, we say the refs screwed us.

Funny how the refs are only bad when we lose?

Win or lose, I'm proud of the guys, crying about refs is for sore-losers.

11. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

We probably ought to complain more about bad officiating when we lose. Up until about 2:00 in the 4th, the Fakers shot *twice* as may free throws as we did.

On the other hand, it is amusing that the Fakers suck enough to not win 100% of the games the ref's had them.

12. hradhak

hradhak Member

For the most part I agree with everyone that it is truly sad that we are having this discussion. I certainly haven't ever talked about corrupt officiating with the MLB or NFL. Maybe that's because basketball is more subjective with fouls and so on.

Either way, I think this may end up coming out like steroids. The media talks for a while about it and then somethng blows up and the sh** hits the fan. I think if the NBA (Stern) gets found out, it would hopefully be the end for Stern. I really hate that guy.

13. FFz

FFz Member

Argentina, france, spain.

14. theimpossibles1

^And sometimes the will of a team is too strong for even the refs to overcome.

15. bdom9483@hotmai

bdom9483@hotmai New Member

whats the site where you can find the officiating info??

16. kegray34

kegray34 Contributing Member

Curious to see which game Crawford crew is assigned to Hou/LA or Bos/Orl because he will be at one 100% for sure. Look at this conspiracy:

Last two seasons of playoffs:
    Lakers are 21-11 in 32 games:
    14-10 without Crawford as ref.

7-1 with Crawford(only loss was elimination game vs Celtics 131-92 game which is very hard to fix).
    Also it was Joey Crawford who tossed Artest in Game 2 with the Rockets down 10 with 8 minutes to go. I guess he wanted to make sure this score stuck to tie the series.

Want more:
    Rockets this post season:
    7-3 record in games without Crawford.
    0-2 record in games with Crawford.

Want more:
    This year Houston takes game 1 in LA, Crawford works Game 2.
    Last year in the Utah series, he is sent to Utah for Game 6 with Lakers up 3-2 and sure enough no game 7 needed.
    Next series vs. SA, Lakers lead 2-1 with Game 4 in SA and enter Joey Crawford. LA goes up 3-1 with 93-91 win(NBA apologizes for Crawford no call on Derek Fischer foul on Brent Barry to end game).
    Next series is Boston and Lakers down 0-2 enter Crawford to right the ship and Lakers win game 3.

Want more:
    He seems to be the NBA hired guy for a big name that needs a win:
    Boston/Chicago Game 7 this year and sure enough there is Joey Crawford and a OT win for Boston.

Crawford also worked Game 3 in that series with it tied at 1-1 @Chi and he was the one that didn't eject Rondo after he tossed Heinrich into the scorers table.
    Celtics win game and go up 2-1.
    Orlando leading 2-1 over Boston this season and enter Joey Crawford @Orlando after a game 3 blowout with by Orlando. This was the Big Baby buzzer beater game. Celts win on the road despite shooting 1-10 from 3 after 21 point loss in game 3 without Crawford.

PLEASE NO JOEY CRAWFORD TOMORROW BUT I THINK THAT IS TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR AT THIS POINT!

17. rocketsmetalspd

Very interesting. Seems the NBA will have decide who it wants in the Conference finals Lakers or Celtics since both are 7 game series and Joey Crawford can't work both games or can he? :D

18. CoolGui

CoolGui Member

I celebrate after every game we win! :)

19. twoniner

twoniner Contributing Member

Good stuff. Crawford is obviously a company man for the NBA, or he would have been booted out of the league for his stuff with Duncan and his overall incompetence. He calls an extraordinary amount of fouls, which can't be the mark of your best official (league average would be the goal). I am 90% certain he will be calling our game if he calls either one. There is little rooting interest to see who gets beat by Cleveland. "If' the NBA has a rootin interest Sunday, it would be to avoid a Houston-Denver WCF, and a Cleveland/Denver-Houston Finals. Crawford going tomorrow for us.. Book it. Maybe with Washington, Richardson, or Palmer just to pound it home.

20. Glan

Glan Member

Sadly, you're right!
    As posted on: http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
    It's Crawford :mad:
    Houston @ L.A. Lakers
    Official 1: J. Crawford
    Official 2: M. Callahan
    Official 3: D. Crawford