1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 7 officiating

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kracka0476, May 15, 2009.

1. foopkobe

foopkobe Member

If Joey Crawford is officiating Game 7 and/or we lose because of bad officiating, I am boycotting the NBA. I'll spread it through Facebook group too, so pay attention here for the link.

Oh yeah -- losing by 25 doesn't mean it wasn't because of the officials. If they take out Chuck Hayes (or Yao when he was healthy) early on, it throws off our entire game plan and blows the game wide open.

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

why not just bring in the Kings v Lakers 2002 Game 6 crew they did a splendid job

3. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Normally refs aren't blamed for blowout losses.

4. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

It certainly helps to swing momentum to one team, allowing them to play free knowing calls will go their way.. whereas the other team is playing tentatively b/c the refs are calling BS..

so yes, refs can be blamed for ANY loss.. remember. one play can change the entire direction of a game..

just ask battier about kobe for proof that the above is true.

5. Zfan

Zfan Member

Are you serious? Do you mean market decide winner? How did Spurs win those championship then?

6. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

Scola and Hayes will be both in foul trouble. Stern want to see Kobe VS James.

7. tutone88

tutone88 Member

Aren't they suposed to announce right now?

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

They aren't announcing until tomorrow morning at 8 AM, Houston time.

9. GodzPeepz

GodzPeepz Member

10. Electro

Electro Member

nut shell.

11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

we are undermanned and our margin for error is slim. that is why any momentum shift that benefits the lakers can lead to a blowout for LA. we simply can't let them get on an offense roll. we must disrupt their offensive rhythm and without hayes, we'll have a problem doing that. if gasol has a big game we might be fighting an uphill battle all day. it is crucial to get off to a good start and early foul trouble will cripple our ability to do so. i just want the refs to let'm play. go rox.

12. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

We're screwed! :eek:

13. startover

startover Member

This is also what I am worrying about. Without Yao, Hayes is the backbone of our defense again Lakers. In game 5 those damn refs just knew how to screw us most without making it too obvious meanwhile:eek:

14. IBleedRed08

IBleedRed08 Member

Agreed. This wouldn't be so much of a hot issue if not for those conspiracy theories surrounding Stern and the bad refs. I don't want to believe but... :eek:

If they don't call it fair and square in Game 7, I'll be compelled to stop watching this crooked league. This is just utter nuts.

15. IBleedRed08

IBleedRed08 Member

On a side note, I'll pity a FULLY-HEALTHY PACK OF POODLES called the Fakers if they beat a bunch of HARDNOSED AND GRITTY PITBULLS called the Rockets - with the help of damnable refs especially J-Crap. To rig the game means the Fakers are utter losers. Using methods of crookery to help a team in the spotlights take out some underdog team with nobody but borderline stars and scrubs, with its $40M+ injured superstars on their bench? What a pity they can't take them out that easily. I hope the Rockets show up and prove something.

---

Basketball Gods,

Asking for a good game. Please don't let the bad hounds take the court in Game 7. Period.

16. Glan

Glan Member

Well said.
    I'm seriously concerned about the officiating in Game 7.

17. fmp087

fmp087 Member

They will take Hayes out of the game early. Either him or Scola.

18. nolimitation

nolimitation Member

There shouldn't be a game 7 because we won game 2. We should be playing Denver tomorrow instead of the lakers.

19. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

20. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I don't know if it was a given that we would've won. Saying that, I did feel good going into the final minutes of our chances. Yao was finally back in the game and Ron was playing great. Until Ron got tossed we were showing the toughness that I thought would've pulled it off. Its frustrating, but we can't worry about that.

I always felt the Kings got the royal shaft in that 2002 Game 6, but then they stunk it up in Game 7. Still bad on the league, but they had a chance to take the series.

That said, the calls have been ok for the most part in the other games. There were times when it seemed like the whistle was sawllowed when the fakers were on D, but we played through it. We just have to go out Game 7 and play through any adversity.

The one good thing to think about, because of Ron going off due to the antics of Game 2 the refs are being eyed. Add that to the fact that our last game was the most viewed on Disney Sports. People are watching and already have doubts about legitimacy of the league's officials. Icing on the cake is that the Rockets have won people over and the lakers are really hard to root for and its starting to show more than ever.

In short it will be tough for the refs to make it impossible for us. Hopefully JVG is calling the action so any bad calls will be called out.

To close, lets not worry about the officials. We can't control it. The team needs to go out wth energy from the start and not turn the ball over. If we can respond to their initial hit with one of our own we can take them. Doubt in their minds is our sixth man. Man up and win this one Rox!!!