1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 7 officiating

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kracka0476, May 15, 2009.

1. mic

mic Contributing Member

This is just downright disgusting.

2. apxn82

apxn82 Member

I didnt read all the posts but is it confirmed that Joey Crapper going to call the game?

3. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Why? Is he going to go to jail for the "Jordan Rules" too? Ever since he has been in the league, he has created series matchups and 'superstars" to draw fan attention and interest. Magic and his 5 step drives to the basket not dribbling once from the three point line. Larry bird and the phantom fouls to get him to the free throw line for the plus one. Shaq and the fact he could bull dozer everyone with no foul called. Michael and Kobe get to play no stitches and no foul defense. the shear thought of these guy's "taking over" in the fourth quarter makes me laugh. It's not hard to take over when all three people trying to gaurd you have 4 or 5 fouls each in the fourth. It's kind of like stealing when they can't be agressive to try to gaurd you. Don't get me started on the Jordan rules themselves that every official had to adhere to when working a game with Jordan. You really think he will investigate himself? Look at all these guys. All are 10 plus free throw a game guys. Who controls that? Yes, throw the conspiracy nut stuff back at me and I will go back to my loony bin but watch a few games through the eyes of an official and see how distorted it all looks.

4. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I would be completely jaw-dropped, punch you in the face and throw a bucket of ice water on you shocked if Joey Crawford is not the referee for Game 7.. thereby shipping the game to LA.

I worried about this when he reffed Game 2. too much time and now Lakers need game 7?? send in Crawford.

5. Tree Rollins

Tree Rollins Member

How many posts do you need to have before you can rep?

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I actually knew this was going 7 when I found out game 5 had such great ratings...

But oddly enough NOTHING about the officiating in game 6 was sketchy...Lakers even pulled back late into the game only down by 2. The NBA wanted this to go 7...had to want it, but they did nothing but send probably their best officiating crew.

The NBA is done tampering with games. I believe they did so in the Kings series...but they are done doing so now because everyone is accusing them of it. If the Lakers win game 7 it will be because they deserved it,

If the NBA were fixing games Heat would have played the Cavs. NBA tampered with that Kings game though, they won't do it a 2nd time to Adelman.

7. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Enter Joey Crawford.. "say hello to my little whistle"

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

See, that just aggravates the fire out of me. We have a degree of corruption that is apparently so blatant and out in the open that it is being casually discussed on national television. Is there nothing that can be done to hold these people accountable? Does anyone remember what happened with boxing as a result of the constant fixing of fights?

Frigin David Stern. Just let the winner of these games be determined by the players out on the floor, for crying out loud. May the best team win!

9. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I just researched the last 2 years of playoff games that the Lakers have played. I think the last 2 years are especially relevant considering that Gasol came on board last year.

The Lakers are 7-1 (5-0 H, 2-1 R) when Joey Crawford refs with an avg. margin of victory of less than 2 points, but the average margin is extremely skewed by a 39 point loss at Boston last year. The average score at home is Lakers 110, Opponent 98.

On the flip side, the Lakers are 0-4 when Eddie F. Rush officiates, losing by an average of 114-95. All the games were on the road however.

The Lakers are also 1-4 overall when Joe Derosa officiates, losing by an average of 98-103. This includes an 0-2 record at home with an average score of 99-92. The average score for the Lakers is in the mid to low 90s when either DeRosa or Rush refs. We want these guys.

The Lakers are also 4-0 at home if either Salvatore or Mauer refs, with an average margin of victory of 23 in each case. Interestingly the Lakers are 0-3 in road games with Mauer and 0-2 in road games with Salvatore.

No ref has reffed more Laker games than Joey Crawford. Mauer is 2nd with 7 games reffed.

So in summary the bad refs for the Rockets are Joey Crawford (obviously), Ken Mauer and Bennett Salvatore. The good refs are Eddie F. Rush and Joe Derosa. This again, is only considering the last 2 years.

Derosa reffed Game 1. Crawford reffed Game 2. Mauer and Salvatore reffed Game 5. Eddie F. Rush has not officiated a game this series.

The good news then is that it's almost a certainty that we don't get Mauer or Salvatore. It's possible they let Joey Crawford do another game this series, but if that's the case then they better let Derosa have another one too. The man we really want is Eddie F. Rush.

1 person likes this.
  10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I just watched Rome is Burning and both guys he had on said that the league will not let Houston win this game and that LA will get every call

11. kegray34

kegray34 Contributing Member

This stat is way wrong,but sort of right.

The last 11 playoff games that Crawford has done with the Lakers involved is 10-1.
    However that is not in the last 28 playoff games.

Here is a link so you can look up yourself(2008 playoff games with refs attatched):
    http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pa...a/teams/pastresults/2007-2008/team403977.html

2008 and this year the Lakers are 21-11 in playoffs:
    7-1 with Crawford as ref(Lone loss was 131-92 final game last year and good luck fixing that one)
    14-10 without Crawford as ref in the last two seasons in playoffs.

#51 kegray34, May 15, 2009
    Last edited: May 15, 2009
  12. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

It is a shame that this is actually a topic. Moreso because there is actually some merit to all this. The league really is a joke in that respect. Game 2 was a bit of a shaft as we had a chance to win that one when Ron got tossed. Not to mention that Yao couldn't get off the bench due to fouls.

13. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

Could not agree more.

14. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Eddie! Eddie! Eddie!!

15. nolimitation

nolimitation Member

No they gotten much smarter tampering games since the 02 Kings. Just take out key players and let kobe have a few no calls and there goes the game.

The Rockets could definitely pull and upset next game assuming it won't be refs call it fair and square, but the official will be monitoring it carefully and make sure the Lakers win no matter what.

16. bewy

bewy Member

Great thread, deserves a bump

17. huflungpu

huflungpu Member

Definitely. They aren't as flagrant about the free throws since the Sacramento debacle.

Have you been noticing how they don't even show you the replay for some of the more dubious calls?

18. huflungpu

huflungpu Member

Hopefully public disgust over the Lakers crap performances will make Stern reconsider rigging Game 7.

Apparently Game 6 broke the record for most watched basketball game ever on ESPN. Got a 16.0 share in the Houston area. Look on cnnsi.com for the numbers. So hopefully Stern will tell his boys to be fair for the final game. Hard to believe that passes as optimism nowadays!

19. Hmm

Hmm Member

you need to be a contributing member..

20. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Yeah I noticed that too. When we get a good call they seemed to show three or four replays. LA gets them and nothing. Ron pulled an acting job and it was a major story. A few minutes later, Gasol did the exact same thing on Landry and nothing was said about it. That was a little annoying.

I thought last night was officiated ok, but it was frustrating in the third and fourth that we got no fouls on a numerous drives to the basket. I can understand letting teams play, buton the other end whistles were blow. Can a team be so good that they make no fouls on at least ten misses in the paint. That was frustrating, but I'm glad it didn't come down to that.