1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FWIW, Bulls offered Fizer + #2 for #1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

According to Hoopsworld.

MARCUS FIZER & THE #2 Rumor has it the Bulls may have offered Marcus Fizer and the #2 to the Houston Rockets to move up. Reports out of Chicago say Jerry Krause may have decided that Yao Ming is worth the price, and that Jay Williams may not be the solution at point guard (OK Crawford you can breath now). Since his ‘impressive’ workout and meeting with the Bulls, Williams has been telling anyone who’d listen about his desire to play in Chicago; this didn’t stop the Clippers, who have been angling to land him, and Chicago may do them the favor, by way of passing on him. Its unclear why Krause would add Yao Ming to his roster, or if the appeal of Chicago would change things with China. But several notables around the league question what Williams will do as a pro, saying he does not have an all-star’s game, and historically players with more heart than talent, do not fair well in the NBA. No one doubts that Williams will go high in the draft, however a lot of teams question how much of an impact he’d have in his rookie year, or over the duration of his 1st NBA contract.

---------------------------------------
    As I say, FWIW, if Ming falls through, Jay Williams and Marcus Fizer could net us a lot in trade.

IF Ming Falls through.

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

If Ming falls through for us, he almost definitely falls through altogether, in which case the deal is off the table. If Ming is not available to us at the number one, but is available to Chicago at the same position, there has been some serious tampering on the parts of Krause and China. I don't think that's likely at all. If China wanted him to play for Chicago they could have forced a trade (I think it's happened before with some point guard not wanting to play in Canada, can't remember who it was), rather than going through an elaborate ruse with Houston.

The main thing though, is this is from hoopsworld. Your thread should be called "FWIW, Hoopsworld Makes Up Another Ridiculous Rumor."

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

fizer is worthless to us. we already have 3 people at his position that would play in front of him.

if no ming, i'd go for odom and their picks. but let's just hope in 2 days we have the big fella.

4. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

What would we do with Marcus? We already have a glut at that position.

5. tozai

tozai Member

The ONLY trade I'd accept for #1 would be #2 & Curry, but that's not happening. No Jamison, no Odom, 8, 12, no sprewell or camby and the next 10 year's #1's...

6. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I don't know whether that has any validity at all, but the game is almost up.

As we get inside of T minus 24 hours, the bs about Ming being a bust will come to an end.

The GM's and their rumormongers will realize that their propaganda has failed miserably and is being ignored by Rox brass.

The real discussion will begin, and we will start seeing some offers of the mother lode for Ming.

West to CD/Rudy: I'll offer you No. 4, Battier and Swift.

Krause: I'll see your No. 4, raise with my No. 2 and Fizer.

St Jean: I see your No. 2, and raise with No. 3 and Jaimison for No. 1 and whatever piece of crap contract you want to unload.

Baylor: Umm, I'll offer Odom, a kilo of weed, No. 8, No. 12. Never mind. I fold.

You get my drift . . .

7. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Tozai-
    I thought you were in the Odom camp. Am I wrong or did you change your mind?

8. SWTBrent

SWTBrent Member

Why wouldnt we put Fizer at the 3?? Doesnt the Bulls play him at the 3?? I mean he must be 6-8 260, he wouldnt be a bad 3 for us.

9. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

i look at it like this move to number 2 pick up fizer or whoever.. then trade 2 to gs so they can get williams and get future first and there 3rd and a player. then call west up and see if hed move to 3 since he likes dunleavy move to 4 and lose the pick we have to give next year. Then at 4 there is reports the clips have offered 8 and 12 for pick 4 i heard on espn radio today. i know this couldnt happen but its wishful thinking.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

If this rumor is true, I am more convinced that picking Ming is the right thing to do...

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If we want a 6'8" 260 lb player at the three we can just put KT there. He is already better than Fizer and has experience at the 3.

If I am Rudy T, I wouldn't consider swapping picks with Chi unless it had Curry or Chandler attached to the pick.
    Then with the #2 pick I could take Mike D.

Of course we all know that would never happen...don't we?

12. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

And what we do with all those picks? Where would all those players play? Do we just release them since we only have 15 spots on this team?

13. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

im just looking at other things people have posted 8 12 and odom. with that you still have 15 thats 4 players as well. so what do you do there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.