1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FS] PowerMac G3 Blue and White

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by Rockets2K, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I'm clearing out some old tech I have laying around, and thought I would give you Mac guys first shot at it before it goes to Ebay.

Its the dual 450 CPU blue and white Powermac G3. I can post pics if necessary, but Im sure most of you Mac guys know what model this is.

It's loaded with OSX(I forget which release, probably Jaguar, and I havent been able to find the os box as of yet but I know I still have it, its just hiding from me)

20G drive, dvd drive, 512 RAM

Wiki link with pictures for those who arent familiar with it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Macintosh_G3_(Blue_&_White)

The few places that still have these for sale are looking for almost 200, Im looking for 175.

This is a good model for a second household machine, or for someone wanting to learn Mac without having to pony up for a new one.

Any interest?

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

OK, two days and 150 views, zero responses.

No one interested or price too high?
    I'll wait a couple more days and see if anyone responds, then it'll go eBay.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I don't do macs....and I know they are pricey...

but seems like a lot for those specs.

Ebay will probably be your best bet.

Like I said....not a mac person...so price might be right?

#3 Uprising, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Curious to know if you got what you were looking for. I have a couple of similar more recent systems that I could unload if there is actually a market like that for it/them.

5. ekingjames12

ekingjames12 Contributing Member

These things are worth maybe... $75 :/

6. crazeazn

crazeazn Member

the shipping would cost u just as much :(

7. CrazyDave

wouldn't pay that for one of mine myself, and I have a couple of G4s with sonnet processor upgrades. But just wonderin what happened, you never know.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

eh, I made a mistake on the description,

It is a G4, not a G3

Started the price where it was from seeing a couple listed online for near that price...but was always willing to hear offers. No biggy. just tryin to clear out some old systems.

9. CrazyDave

That's more like it, just all stocked up on that myself. Still would be curious what one could get for it.