1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(From March) Rockets might trade pick if not top 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 17, 2023.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

hope not. this team worked so hard to tank for this 4th pick. would've been a play in team if silas let them

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. invocux

invocux Member

I'm not sold on anyone except Wemby and Scoot. We might draft a complete bust it's a pretty big possiblity rn. When you can't even confidently tell if Amen is gonna end up being better than Gradey Dick there's an issue.

Jontro and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Eh, that's an oversimplification IMO. Gradey Dick probably is a safer pick than Amen Thompson, although maybe not by as much as you're thinking. But he has absolutely zero chance of becoming a franchise-altering superstar, while Amen Thompson has a decent chance of turning out to be that good. Floor versus ceiling, y'know?

When you're this bad, you swing for the fences. Nothing to lose.

JayGoogle, IBTL and cbass like this.
  5. bmelo

bmelo Member

with all the letdown with not landing Wemby.... I am just glad this tank bs is over

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don’t mind them trading down for the right package, but I’d rather they identify the best player outside of those top 3 and grab him. Or find a way to move up for Scoot.

7. invocux

invocux Member

Well i don't see a franchise-altering superstar in Amen either. Theoretically anything can be fixed yes. Players work their asses off everyday to be better at certain areas but if it was so easy we would have 80 LeBrons in the league by now. His shot is broken and his ft is disgustingly low for a PG. There's a higher chance that he will not become a good shooter and if you can't shoot you are not becoming a superstar in this league. I'm not even gonna mention that he is literally playing against kids. Gun to my head i'd take Miller over him and i'm not the biggest fan of Miller. We are already a dogshit shooting team i don't want us to waste our pick for a kid who is better playmaker than KPJ but can't shoot for ****. Might as well play KPJ and bring a shooter, Miller.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/4506397/2023/05/17/nba-mock-draft-beat-writers-wembanyama-henderson/

4. Houston Rockets: We might not see anything happen until they’re actually on the clock, but I fully expect the Rockets to trade this pick when it’s all said and done. —Kelly Iko

https://theathletic.com/4526340/2023/05/17/rockets-nba-draft-lottery-no-4/

One aspect of the No.4 pick that can’t be ignored is the possibility of trading the pick. In the days leading up to the lottery, the only realistic non-starter trade for Houston involved them getting their hands on the No. 1 pick. Anything else after that was fair game, with the probability increasing the further from one that the Rockets ended up. Things are still preliminary, but Houston expects there to be a good amount of interest in acquiring the pick and will listen to inquiries — but are also open to potentially moving down or acquiring a win-now veteran if an opportunity presents itself. This reality, in addition to the potential of selecting yet another talented young player, gives them added flexibility and optimism as they enter into the next phase of their rebuild.

9. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Just give everything back to Brooklyn and this pick for Bridges

csnerd84 likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

As they definitely should

11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I'm fine trading the pick, but I only want to trade it to move UP in the draft, or trade it for a great player. I don't want to trade it to move down for additional draft capital.

xaos and OremLK like this.
  12. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

I think realistically we need to keep the pick. Unless there's someone we can trade the 4th pick for that pushes the needle, you need to swing for the fences

13. i3artow i3aller

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This needs to be Wemby's face.

15. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the nightmares.

16. xaos

xaos Member

We will be competing with Portland to trade the pick for a ready-now player btw