1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Friendliest Rockets and Least Of All Time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StaticC4, Apr 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

So which Rockets(Players and Coaches) have been the most friendly and least friendly off court? I'm kinda curious to find out because I don't live anywhere near Houston.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Calvin Murphy was really rude/arrogant when I met him

Hakeem was a real gentleman and gracious as can be

3. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

I sang carols in front of C Murphy's door.

He was real nice and gave us 30$ for World Vision

4. SunsRocketsfan

Tinman will disagree and probably have a cow. but Sam Cassell was a arrogrant jack ass to most fans...

hmm vernon maxwell didnt do anything to rocket fans.. but he did punch that portland fan..

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Can anyone here picture kelvin Cato being friendly? He seemed to be in the same mold of Erik Dampier. They always look pissed off about something....

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Anyone with a purple Escalade can't be all that mean :D

7. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

I met calvin murphy and matt bullard and they were very nice to me!

and as far as the meanest I never had any problem yet

8. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Hakeem is by far the friendliest guy ... I don't know who would be the least friendly.

9. Asian Sensation

Clyde Drexler- Genuine nice guy.

Scola- was cool as hell. Had a shot of Patron with him.

Luther Head- seemed like a normal dude.

Tracy Mcgrady- Seemed too cool for school. He was out at the club in Portland with Bonzi, Head, Scola, Yao and Deke. All the rest were out and about walking around having a good time partying and Mcgrady was blocked off in a corner by himself with security guarding him. One of my girlfriends (hot) and her gf (who's bday it was) got by security cause it was her bday and was able to go up to him to say hi and she told him that it was her bday and that she just wanted to say hi. Mac said "it's not really your bday huh?" Come on dude, you're not THAT tight.

Rod Strickland- saw him a couple weeks ago runnin around at the same club. Not really a Rocket... Told him I was a huge Rockets fan and so we discussed well actually he mentioned/discussed how UN-glorious his final run with the Rockets was hahaha.

10. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

I went to Calvin Murphys camp and he was always very nice and a very good coach.

I also went to John Lucas camp and he is very nice as well but not that good of a coach, IMO.

TJ Ford has come to speak at some of the camps I've been to and he is sorta boring but very nice guy and Damon Stoudamire, too

Moochie Norris was very nice too. Same with Avery Johnson.

I got to talk to Steve Francis on the phone one time but couldn't hear him but it was nice of him to take the time to try and talk to me.

I've met JVG several times and he is one of the funniest guys in the world and is always completely honest

Clyde Drexler is always very nice and willing to autograph stuff

I met Brent Price when I was really young but he was nice enough to give me his autograph while he was shopping

I saw Scott Padgett at an Astros game one time and tried to get his autograph (not sure why but I thought he would be very excited that somebody even knew who he was) but he told me to go away

Every time I've seen Rudy T he is always on his phone

11. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Bill Worrell- superb nice great attitude
    Matt Bullard- hes okay
    Clyde- hes okay
    Calvin Murphy- remember me saying something about the chocolate bar a few months ago? lol
    yao- not really, hes "too cool" for other people, he looks pissed in public never smiles

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Calvin was always really nice to me. He knew my first name for a while because I would see him so often. I doubt he remembers me now
    I would actually agree. I remember i was at fan appreciation day in 1995 and I was 6 years old. I kept begging Sam for an autograph and he refused to give me one and just laughed at me. Anyway, some Rockets personel guy overheard me being upset and gave us a signed basketball by the whole team, a signed penet from the whole team, and free playoff tickets through the finals. It was fantastic.

13. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

Don't let get it to you, it's not like Scott Paggett is even that good of an NBA player anyways.

14. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I have met all the current Rockets and none of them were anything negative.

Deke is very cool and will shake anyone's hand. Aaron and Luis might be my favorites. Yao is great. Ron is cool, wants to talk to everyone.

Robert Horry was my first Rocket "meet" and he too was great.

15. Gwalchmai

Gwalchmai Member

Ancedotes like these make me wish I lived in a bigger city.

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Should have told him you were from Lexington ;)

I graduated at UK with Scott and he was always nice when I saw him on campus... maybe the NBA turned him.

17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Yao's actually kind of a jerk in person. But when I met him it was after the loss to the Mavs years back.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I saw Charles at a golf course he was really cool to me. I was wearing a Rockets cap and just gave him the cool guy head nod and he came over and said hello on his own accord.

Saw JVG at a place near rice village and not nearly as cool but it was during the Lackers-Spurts game after we lost to the Lackers in the first round.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't know why but that got a laugh out of me.

20. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

I ran in to Rudy T a couple of times, he was very cool both times. I saw him in Target once, he was buying coat hangers and a box of tampons :confused: