1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Friday 8/15: Houston vs Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Joe Joe, Aug 12, 2003.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Hambrick's looking pretty good. I was worried that we'd be pretty bad there, but the line as well as Troy have been doing ok. Now, just that QB problem to get to.

Go Improvement! ;)

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Woohoo! Fumble recovery Cowbros!

YEAH!!! TOUCHDOWN!!!!

What qb problem? Haha.

#42 Surfguy, Aug 15, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2003
  3. codell

codell Contributing Member

This game has turned ugly in a hurry and QC is on the pretty side of things.

Go respectibility!!!

4. RC Cola

What the heck am I watching right now? :confused:

I do like it though. :D

5. Surfguy

I don't know. This is unfamiliar territory. Kind of scary.

QC is making all the right decisions now whereas before he could do nothing right. I guess it is a confidence thing with him.

Edit: Well, maybe not all the right decisions. He didn't pass to a wide open guy just a second ago.

#45 Surfguy, Aug 15, 2003
  6. RC Cola

WOOO! TOBY! YOU GO, MAN! DO YOUR THING!

Sorry..

edit: Be nice to see Woody to something here.

No! Stupid short punt.:mad:

Oh well.

#46 RC Cola, Aug 15, 2003
  7. reallyBaked

reallyBaked Member

texans look awful

its going to be a long season

8. Surfguy

Galloway better quit dropping passes. Bill almost took his head off on that last drop. Your a receiver for crying out loud.

9. RC Cola

I don't know if Michael Wiley is going to make the team. While he is out checking with doctors about his shoulder, Cason is in running very well. Unless Wiley can somehow become the best special teams player ever, I think he's gone.

Especially if he trips over his own feet anymore. :mad:

10. BALLhog 247 365

texans are going to suck, astros are falling apart, and the rockets arent getting any better this offseason. im not gonna waste my time watching sports this season.

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Given the situation it ain't all bad...17 to 3 at halftime. We are still on the learn..I look forward to seeing if we can improve in the second...

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Yea right. You'll be back again next Saturday.

13. codell

codell Contributing Member

Peek has been in the right place at the right time so far this preseason. Clemons better be looking over his shoulder.

14. reallyBaked

reallyBaked Member

yeah Peek looks like a stud...Peek and Johnson

we have twice as many draft picks as anyone else and we only pull 2 people that will make an impact out of this draft...pathetic..

15. RC Cola

Hmm...looks like it only is CH and QC at the starting QB spot. Romo isn't looking that good, yet.

Wait a minute, I was complaining about QC and then...hehehe...you suck Romo! :)

edit: Aw man, he really does suck. :(

16. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Cason is an awesome 3rd down back. I hope Bill keeps him and lets Wiley go.

I think QC gets the job and the cowboys suck again. Maybe they win 1 or 2 more games.

I want a new qb not named tony romo. :(

Texans haven't done too much, I was expecting more after their performance last week.

17. RC Cola

Oh Man. I am so happy Williams got that. I have heard so much about him doing well in TC but have yet to see him do anything. His size and speed make him a huge mismatch against most guys, so if he can come through, it would be nice. :)

Yeah, I agree with Wiley. He'd have to be superman at running as well at special teams to put up a fight. And all this on a bad shoulder. (if he has surgery, I doubt he'll make it.)

They probably will suck, but as my saying goes, GO IMPROVEMENT! As long as they look good, good.

I know the Texans aren't playing all that well. It is nice to see the Cowboys score though. :)

#57 RC Cola, Aug 15, 2003
  18. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

That had to been the worst game the Texans have played so far. The only bright spot of the game was Tony Hollins. Banks looked terrible, Bradford couldn't catch a cold, and Jason Bell couldn't cover any of the Dallas wideouts. Our secondary sucks and there was very little pressure on the QB's.

19. RC Cola

Hmm...looks like no one else will put in a Cowboys summary, so I guess I will.

Ok play by QC. Romo pretty much sucked. Clint played pretty well. I probably wouldn't feel that bad with him as a 3rd or maybe even 2nd QB.

RB's, FB's, and O-line all played pretty well, and I think Troy really did step it up and may end up ok as a starting NFL HB. I felt real bad for Lee when he got hurt. I hope it isn't serious, though it looked like it may. He has been playing real well from what I've seen. Plus, I read he went into the NFL early so that he could help out his family financially. I hope he still can come back and stuff. Cason is also continuing to play well. Isn't it weird to see our FB's running the ball?

WR's played ok. Galloway reall got me mad. He should be our no.1 receiver and he is dropping passes that hit him in the numbers. AB and Randall Williams seemed to play very well. TE's did ok too I guess.

Defense was pretty good. Didn't make too many mistakes that I can remember. I was pleased with the 2nd and 3rd string defense, especially Bradie James. He made some nice plays as well as the fumble recovery. I can of wish that some of the players would wrap around a little better. I'm getting sick of seeing guys fly by the ball carrier, and barely put their arms out to tackle them.

Special teams was good, but they had some penalties I believe. Woody made some nice moves and was pretty close to breaking one a couple times, though some holding calls may have been the reason why. Zuriel Smith also is putting some pressure on Woody as returner, so both will have to show they can play return coverage and on offense/defense.

Despite all the good play, I know Houston could have played a LOT better so I take a lot of the play with a grain of salt, and maybe some pepper. Anybody got some sugar? I need some sweets now. Mmmmm...hershey kisses....awwwww....

:D

Oh and since I know it will probably come up eventually, I'll just go ahead and put it anyway.

19-10 :mad:

20. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

On the bright side, DC looked REALLY good out there today.