1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

French train: Yet another Islamic terrorist in Europe; but this time stopped

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I wasn't saying not to have gun control in Europe. There appears to be a great deal of success in preventing Petty crime, low level crime and accidents by limiting the flow of firearms. All I am saying is that someone that puts the time and effort in can get serious weaponry.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Probably fair, but saying that most terrorists are Muslims also isn't likely even if there has been an increase.

This is an article that talks about attacks since 9/11. Again Muslims still aren't the majority. The original statement I was commenting was incorrect.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/u...es-perceptions-of-top-terror-threat.html?_r=0

#82 FranchiseBlade, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Different denominations.

You get my point.

It's tiring to hear the tired logic that Muslims and Islam are representative of terrorists.

It's simply not true.

There is a small group of extremists in every religion which could be called terrorists. Islam is a peaceful foundation, and I say that as a Christian.

I guess we could call the LAPD and NYPD terrorists, too, huh? All of the African American men who have been murdered proves their terror-based agenda.:rolleyes:

No, the majority of police are decent, but like any extremist sect, there are a few bad apples.

It's sad that entertainment networks like Fox have perpetuated this myth of an entire religion being of a terrorist nature. That is a failure of logic and a gross misrepresentation of statistics.

We're not going to agree. I'd rather live on the virtue of tolerance of religious differences.

Peace.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is only in the USA. The other statistics you posted are completely false. You ignore the correct statistics and lists of incidents I posted. Just put your head back in the sand.

Tell that to ISIS, Boko Haram, the Taliban, the Hizbollah, Hamas, Al Qaeda.

Nobody is saying that all Muslims are terrorists. Don't put up a straw man.

Your superficial "analysis" is completely wrong. There is a clear link between the ideology of political Islam and intolerance and terrorism.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The 30 terrorist attacks by those bastards the Earth Liberation Front where no one was killed is really important to count equally to 9/11 and the 1993 NYC bombing though.

6. Buck Turgidson

The French wouldn't **** around with that noise, remember that they blew up a Greenpeace boat once.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I posted statistics for the U.S. and Europe. I didn't ignore anything you posted. They had to do with which attacks were the most deadly or whatever.

That's another topic.

I addressed a post that claimed that almost all the terrorists were Muslim. That isn't true. I posted evidence that proved that to be the case.

You had an internet meltdown and accused me of lying making stuff up. None of that was true either. All I did was post statistics that had been published by other people.

Please get a grip.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really hope this is sarcasm.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Obviously it isn't. But if you post statistics which compare someone who throws a flower against a police station to 9/11 and count each as "one terror attack", then obviously your statistics are extremely flawed, and intentionally so.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

man, another Clint Eastwood movie where the trailer will guarantee it's a smash hit ala American Sniper