1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

French train: Yet another Islamic terrorist in Europe; but this time stopped

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The conflicts arise from a desire for cultural domination. The West has it, the East wants it. The West has overwhelming power, the East uses terrorism to counter it.

All your theistic religions are perverted. There is no victory, no end. :)

2. Buck Turgidson

From everything I've read, since the formation of the EU it is ridiculously easy to smuggle just about anything across borders. You would know more about that than I, though.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Come on, you aren't that simple-minded. I know you're not.

Nobody is denying there are Muslim terrorists. People that want to bring that up as way to slam Islam in general can simply make the statement, and don't need to post a story about which every person agrees.

Any disagreement in this thread started out about that issue. It has moved on to accessibility of the weapons used.

The idea that terrorists can still get guns even with gun laws is just a silly one. Again everyone that gun laws aren't 100% effective. Not one single advocate of gun control believes it will stop all incidents of illegal guns. The question is whether what already exists can be more effectively enforced.

Outlawing drunk driving doesn't stop 100% of drunk drivers, but most people feel that it does reduce the dangers from it overall. So because of those laws people may be safer, but not 100% safe.

If people are going to make the argument that because a law doesn't always work there should be no law, then there is no point in having a discussion.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey - since a terrorist can get a gun, let's just get rid of gun laws as clearly they are useless!!!

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Terrorist acts with firearms are generally the impetus for people calling for more restrictive gun control. I'm glad you are now able to see past that BS reasoning.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The lesson to be learned is that laws only affect those who are law abiding. You make guns illegal, only those who would do harm with them would have them. It's sort of the reason that "gun free zones" are targeted so often by people looking to go on a mass murder spree.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you and bandwagoner feel that since gun laws can't absolutely guarantee terrorists won't get guns have no interest in finding out how this guy got his weapons?

I and I suspect most people would like to find out how these guns are getting into Western Europe so they can both keep future terrorists from getting these type of weapons and also trace back to the source of these weapons.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

How much firepower do citizens need to really feel safe?

They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the 'Bobby' way!

a bazooka would be really useful against road rage.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's especially simple minded because if you're concerned about Islamic Terrorism in the West finding out and shutting down the support network will make it harder for terrorists to act and also might expose potential terrorists.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yes exactly. It was a solutions oriented question. I would think everyone who is against terrorism would be interested in solutions. I thought ATW was one of the most virulent against terrorism.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes it's just this very strange coincidence that gun control reduces the murder rate no matter what the state or country. But hey, your logic beats statistics.

The lesson to be learned is that statistics and math mean nothing to you. Logic is for nerds not real men like you who come from an action packed world. Again the fact that gun control works and the stats prove it out means nothing to bobbythegreat!

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You do know that's actually not a fact right? My sarcasm meter might be broken. If so, I apologize.

In the U.S. 94% of terrorist attacks aren't from Muslims.
    http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not-all-terrorists-are-muslims/
    In Europe only 2% of the terrorist attacks are from Muslims.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/14/are-all-terrorists-muslims-it-s-not-even-close.html

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You keep flaunting these made up statistics, which count every fart as a "terror attack" to then conclude that only 0.000001 % were committed by Muslims. This is complete BS.

Just scroll through this list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents,_2015

You can scroll through the same lists for the previous years.

You can also look at this article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...th-toll-soars-as-attacks-become-deadlier.html

Guess what: Of the 12 countries with the highest risk of terrorist attacks, in 11 this risk originates from Islamists.

Here is a list sorted by number of fatalities per terror attack:

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/terrorism/wrjp255i.html

Guess what: As far as I can see, the top 25 deadliest terror attacks in that list were all committed by Islamists/Muslims.

Here is more:

4 Sunni Muslim Groups Responsible for 66% of All 17,958 Terror Killings in 2013

So just stop making up lies.

Dude, how delusional are you...I am all for strict gun laws (probably not on the same page with many conservatives in the US regarding that), but terrorists in Europe can easily get guns anyway. They travel in and out of Turkey all the time. Erdogan supports ISIS. This train terrorist had just gone to Syria through Turkey. Borders in Europe are open. It's not hard for terrorists (and criminals) to get guns.

The reason I am for strict gun control laws is to make it harder for all kinds of other idiots to get guns. But they won't prevent terrorists and Mafiosi from getting guns.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

As much as you want this narrative to be true, we all know that it's not.

EDIT: ATW just obliterated you with truth and knowledge. Beat me to it.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Terrorists can get guns in Europe if they really want them. They are smuggled in through the Mid East and Russia. Where gun control possibly would make a difference is crimes of opportunity and very low level criminals.

If you plot and plan, you can get some serious hardware in Europe.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Dude, I'm so delusional that I'm quoting actual statistics, and the one article I linked lists plenty of examples of terrorism for others than Muslims. It isn't the most widely reported via the media as the article pointed out, but Most terrorist attacks in the U.S. and Europe are not from Muslims.

Stop whining about it and accusing me of making stuff up. I'm quoting an article and the research they did. If you want to accuse someone of making stuff up then go and complain to their editorial board.

I brought up something that shows that most terrorists are not Muslims in Europe and the U.S. You changed the argument to talk about the most deadly attacks. You started talking about things that ere different than what I commented on. I provided evidence and statistics to back it up. Nothing you've shown changed that. You just brought up different points related to Islamic terrorism.

#57 FranchiseBlade, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Oh is that what we all know... LOL

Go over the statistics and get back to me.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Between 1980 and 2005, I would not be shocked that only 6% of terrorist attacks were from radical Islam...... 1980-2005 is an antiquated time period when considering domestic terrorism. I will not pretend to know what the numbers are over the last 10 years, but will only point out that what happened in 1980 (35 years ago) means virtually nothing in the modern political landscape.

Some numbers put the number of attacks at over 50 since 2005 by radical Islam motivated terrorists, compared to only 8 between 1980 and 2005.... Fair to say the 6% number doesn't hold true today.

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You're more intelligent than this logic. Its one thing to try and keep guns from idle hands, but trying to keep the basic AK from someone who is determined is silly. And tracing it... to what? An eastern bloc gang? In this particular case, it is irrelevant. Most of Europes lack of gun problems are attributed to not having guns readily available on every street corner, however dont make the mistake in believing that guns are not easily available to criminals.