1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

French train: Yet another Islamic terrorist in Europe; but this time stopped

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So you think his identity will not be confirmed as Ayoub El Kahzani a male aged 26 or are you are saying his terrorism was not fueled by religion?

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm grateful for the brave men. That's awesome.

But, good Lord, I'm tired of people implying that Islam is a religion of violence and hatred.

I'm a Christian, and just like any other religion, there are extremists on this side, too. I guess some of us forget that there are rotten apples in every bunch...

It's sad that people immediately label those with Islamic faith as terrorists, time and time again. I guess it's the popular fad to pair the word "terrorist" with Islam as much as possible. Or, better yet, let's continue the popular BBS fad of posting personal opinions as a substitute for a headline or what the article really says. Who would rather read the original article anyway? Let's just type words that mirror our opinions before offering the link! :rolleyes:

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The one who paired the word "terrorist" with Islam was Ayoub El Kahzani, a known Islamist criminal.

Please direct your faux outrage at him.

4. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Awesome job. Fighting back immediately is the way to go.

5. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Man, those guys are badasses.

They will have the best french p**sy thrown at them until they leave.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice job by the brave passengers who stepped in and were able to successfully intervene.

Not sure what there is to debate about this, but it's cool that these people stepped in when they did.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Have you read the thread.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sure have. Have you? Did you notice that anything that there is disagreement about has nothing to do with the passengers stopping the terrorist?

I did. Obviously someone wanted to argue about Muslims being terrorists, and a few people took the bait.

But it had nothing to do with the specific story, and could have been addressed in plenty of other ways.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's pretty simple minded to just care about motivation and not also the means and methods that terrorists are getting their hands on weapons.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So basically you're saying since some very motivated terrorists who likely have the support of probably sophisticated network of supporters are able to get guns means that all gun laws are suspect.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great job by those passengers, now if only the moderates of that religion would fight back too.

DD

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Number of gun murders per 10MM:

France: 6
    USA: 297

Yeah, time for some common sense gun laws in France - they need to get their murder rate up about 50 times to catch up with us. Where is the NRA of France?

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What was that rambling post even about? Nobody said all Muslims are terrorists. Are you disputing that that Muslim was one?

Guess what, if a terrorist in Europe wants to kill people, there are always ways to get weapons to do that. Are you so naive to think that any national law can prevent that? I am still for strict gun laws as in Europe, as opposed to the USA, but they are never going to stop terrorists from getting guns.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

or more importantly with the motivation, the means for terrorism can always be found.

Trains, planes, guns, bombs the motivation behind the violence is the most important factor.

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

Happy ending at least which is awesome , we should invade France to protect them :)

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Exactly.

People like FranchiseBlade with his "what is there to discuss" routine and Sishir just like to distract from that fact - the motivation of radical political Islam is the most important factor here.

17. Nook

Nook Member

It was an honest question. I notice Deckard posted a strong pro sentiment for the actions of the Americans. It is just an observation. I am not absolving conservatives, they are more likely to post crimes by blacks against whites or riots.

I just think sometimes there should be some common ground. If an officer goes beyond the call of duty there shouldn't be any controversy. If a poor neighborhood comes together and starts a food pantry, etc.

It just seems depending on the subject matter you know which political party supporters will post the article.

18. Nook

Nook Member

There are radical, or to be less politically correct, fundamentalist Muslims everywhere. However having split my time between Europe and the United States, there is NO comparison. There is open hate speech from fundamentalist Muslims in Europe, there is a sizeable number of Muslims that are very harsh in their beliefs and they flaunt their beliefs often times openly. That would not be allowed in the USA. If the government didn't stop it, the citizens would... Including some Muslims. There are many more secularist Muslims in the USA.

19. Nook

Nook Member

He was a Muslim terrorist. There are active groups of Muslim terrorists. In fact a number of times terrorist groups that are fight based on their faith have proudly taken credit for terrorist attacks.

Identifying a terrorist that is fighting based on Islam as a Islamic terrorist is accurate.

Most Muslims are not terrorists and there are terrorists that are not Muslim. I don't think anyone in this thread is saying otherwise. So I am not sure there is much to be pissed at in that regard.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Many Muslims are not terrorists but most terrorists (>95%) are Muslims who follow despicable Islam

That's a fact