1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Frank Swindle dude

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by John, Feb 8, 2000.

1. John

John New Member

I posted the Save Our Rockets! address at the other site and he deleted it. What is up with that?

2. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

3. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

He must not be a Rocket fan...

If you don't want to support or even link to SOR.com, then you're not in it for the love of the team.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

4. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Does the word "bitter" ring a bell?

5. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

to this day i still dont really understand what happened with all that .com, .net business and the changeover...but anyway so he wont put up the SOR link...what is up with that? seriously who is this guy?

6. hoopjunkie

hoopjunkie Member

I've noticed his link missing from the front page...

7. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

The following comments are not neccesarily those of Clutchcity.net...then again...

That Rivals site SUCKS, PERIOD. It is poorly produced, the message boards stink, and the site does the one thing I really hate, it won't let you use the back button to leave the way you came in. ANYONE who goes out of their way to delete a reference to a page that would keep a team in their home city is a punk be-otch and you can quote me on that.

If you ever hear anyone say that the new clutchcity.COM is the sh*t, you'll know they mean it literally.

It makes me want to invent a new "smilie" :pISSED:

------------------
    The truth is out there.

8. Mulder

Well guys and gals just a side note:
    I am off to New Mexico to go skiing for awhile. I must get a break from my UT job or I'm gonna strangle some poor kid. So have fun where you're at, I know I will! [​IMG]

------------------
    The truth is out there.

9. DamonP

DamonP Member

frank swindle is a loser. let him be.

10. Johnny Rocket

The Whole Question on what is the difference between .com and .net? is answered in clutch's Radio brodcast with Bill The Rocket Guy. <A HREF="http://www.sportsnewsnetwork.com/ram/clutch.ram">You Can Listen to it by clicking here</A> Or clutch has the link on the main page.

Great Interview Clutch I was always wondering about that. I still dont see why you didnt publish the fact that you were moving on cc.com earlier but anyhow. Love The Site

------------------
    ~John~
    FIRE DAN!!!
    JohnyRocket's Fan Site

11. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Someone explain to me the point of having a message board if you're just going to delete every message posted.

The Rivals site looks like garbage, and clutchcity.net looks better than any other site I've seen on the web.

12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Frank Swindle wrote a response to why he deleted the links to www.saveourrockets.com

Here are some excerpts which I find to be hillarious:

"The site that you have posted, in our opinion, has ulterior motives for doing so, and we don't necessarily agree with their methods. On the surface, they appear to be about "saving the Rockets."
    But, again - in our opinion - they also have other items on their agenda that have nothing to do with keeping the Rockets in Houston. I'll spare you the details, but if you knew what I'm referring to, you'd understand our position much better."

"Don't you also find it odd that they feel compelled to send "shills" here pretending to be "fans"? One guy has even posted here five times under five different user names - all in an effort to lend credibility to his posts."

and

"Any complimentary or positive comments posted on their site about Clutchcity.com gets deleted immediately - whereas any post that refers to us in a negative light gets responded to quickly and multiple times by their site admins in an effort to prolong the thread. What would *you* do in the same situation? Be honest, now."

Clutch - Say it ain't so...Why, other than being bitter, would this guy say these things?

[This message has been edited by Smokey (edited February 14, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Smokey (edited February 14, 2000).]

13. Johnny Rocket

I didn't do it to lend credibility to my posts I did it because I figured he had blocked my other user names. And none of my posts on their bored were bad I was just informing people of the better ClutchCity that being CC.net. And the other posts were about how to keep the Rockets in Houston.

------------------
    ~John~
    FIRE DAN!!!
    JohnyRocket's Fan Site

14. BrianKagy

Whoops. Frank's typing is getting worse. He made a lot of mistakes. I'll just clean it up for him:

But, again - in our uninformed opinion - they also have other items on their agenda that have nothing to do with keeping the Rockets in Houston. I don't have any idea what I'm talking about, but if I knew what I was referring to, or if I had enough imagination to make up something juicy, I'd tell you. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some nude pictures to airbrush.

15. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

LOL..

Allies to the death [​IMG]

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

16. popeye

popeye Member

Yes .... I agree we all have ulterior motives when it comes to keeping the Rockets in Rocktown.

5. Stops us from kicking the dog when life sucks. Or worse.

4. The sound of ...... The Greater Metropolitan Municipality of Kansas City Rocketeers ..... just doesn't do it for us.

3. When you have been bottle fed on class acts, you have trouble swallowing plagariized wannabee Bull S (Puppies). Regardless of what they call themselves. (Duh, is that CC.net or CC.com? Wanta count hits per day,anyone???)

2. Okay,okay .... they found out. This is all a plot to get Calvin Murphy back on the city's payroll as the youth athletic commissioner.

1. Finally, the real number one ulterior reason we are pushing the "Save The Rockets" site and program ..... is to give Clutch a platform for his run at the nation's highest office, the number one enchilada, the position of greatest authority, the job that will make all his endevours pale in comparison .... the chief-ballboy and towel giver-outer for the beloved Houston By-God Rockets.

(Because the main difference between us at CC.net and Frank's CC.com, is that everyone here would love to have that very job. We Are Rocket Fans to the nth degree. )
    Cheers. [​IMG]

17. Mulder

I'm back from NM (had to stop by Roswell for awhile) and that Frank guy is still a be-otch. I would now like to quote the illustrious eve: "I don't even know you and I want you dead..." Well maybe that's going too far. The guys a punk plain and simple best way to get rid of him, ignore him, don't visit his crappy site. He only gets a tenth of what CC.net gets anyway. True Rockets fans will find the real site like we did. BTW skiing was fun but its good to be back.

------------------
    The truth is out there.

18. LHutz

LHutz Member

WHOAA DOUG, you better watch the LANGAGE, that gets you banned. DUKE calls on the aministerators to BAN DOUG for using asterisk langage!!!!

19. DamonP

DamonP Member

I am one step ahead of you dougie fresh. I emailed the Rockets about Frank Swindle long time ago to the rockets.com location. I am going to resend this. btw frank already was ''forced to retract his comments'' on the matter. tsk, tsk, not very profressional frankie. but then again we already knew that. I still have them from an email on it. here they are.

Rocky -

Well, you know what they say when you "assume" something...

There are several things about your post that I find ironic:

1 - You've NEVER posted ANYTHING here before, at least under that user name, so it seems an odd subject matter for your first post here. (Actually you have posted here before, but we won't bring that one up, now will we?)

2 - The site that you have posted, in our opinion, has ulterior motives for doing so, and we don't necessarily agree with their methods. On the surface, they appear to be about "saving the Rockets."

But, again - in our opinion - they also have other items on their agenda that have nothing to do with keeping the Rockets in Houston. I'll spare you the details, but if you knew what I'm referring to, you'd understand our position much better.

We also aren't interested in any type of political issues - they've already been forced to retract many comments they've made about local politicians and civic leaders here in Houston. Tsk, tsk ... not very professional, but then we already knew that.

3 - Don't you also find it odd that they feel compelled to send "shills" here pretending to be "fans"? One guy has even posted here five times under five different user names - all in an effort to lend credibility to his posts.

4 - Any complimentary or positive comments posted on their site about Clutchcity.com gets deleted immediately - whereas any post that refers to us in a negative light gets responded to quickly and multiple times by their site admins in an effort to prolong the thread. What would *you* do in the same situation? Be honest, now.

5 - But, the worst accusation you've made is that "you are not a real Rocket's fan but just in it for monetary reasons."

*Nothing* could be further from the truth. The irony of having to defend myself from that accusation is ... well, laughable.

We spend countless hours attending games, writing stories, doing interviews that we provide here as sound and video files, creating and maintaining the graphics and site, publishing our newsletter, answering e-mail ... the list goes on and on and on.

Much too frequently, I spend as much time (if not more) maintaining Clutchchity.com as I do my day job. That hardly sounds like someone "that isn't a real fan" to me.

The decision to become part of Rivals had *nothing* to do with money and *everything* to do with bringing more features to Rocket fans that we couldn't have done the old way - it would have been far too expensive.

Through our affilation with Rivals, we have access to *licensed* AP photos. Do other sites? Uh ... no.

Through our affilation with Rivals, we have access to *licensed* FOXSports Net videos. Do other sites? Uh... no.

Plus, we've got so many other new features in the works to bring to Rocket fans that I can barely control my excitement.

We've wanted to become a legitmate, professional news organization since the beginning. It's difficult to do that if you don't play by the rules that true news organizations are held to - accountability, professionalism and responsible journalism, among others.

6 - And in perhaps the most ironic of all regarding your comments - I doubt very seriously you'll even see this response. If you do, feel free to drop me an e-mail, or post any comments you have here on the message board.

If you don't, well ... I guess that means you're just not "a real Rockets fan."

---
    Frank Swindle
    fas@clutchcity.com

20. BrianKagy

Did anyone feel a draft in here just now?

I just think it's funny that there are more people in this thread bashing Frank than there are people visiting his site.