1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis's block dance made me think...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EssTooKayTD, Nov 29, 2007.

Tags:
  1. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

So, if you recall the play, Francis gets the last block and does his groove thing right? Everyone is all hyped about it. Well does this make Shane's block any less significant? Francis's block isn't even a possiblity if Shane doesn't make his block.

Shane is more mild-mannered most of the time, but can outburst as needed (see Laker game 3pter). Reminds me of a couple other guys on this team. Do we discredit Shane's play? No one has mentioned it once.

So...I'm here to give Shane props too. This idea goes across the board. For Tracy, Yao, Rafer, Chuck, Luis, etc. anyone who happens to make a big steal, block, defensive stop, bucket towards the end of games, although it might not be the "game winning play/basket," you should get daps and love too.

Props to Steve for coming with some a buttload of energy and making big plays, but a lot of our guys made big plays last night. Let's hope they can keep it going.

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The real burn is the Suns still scored.

3. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Shane shows emotion a lot on defense. Even so, with Stevie on the floor, we get the kind of emotional, vocal leader that fans like to see. They're easy to root for because fans can see that they're working hard and putting their heart into it.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Shane reminds me of the guy who gets the last slot on a Y p/u game team and does nothing - except ensure his team never has to give up the floor.

I loved Stevie's dance, he was large and in charge. I watched Shane all night and despite the comments that he disappeared SB was everywhere a play was being made. The man...is a MAN! BTW - Gay is looking pretty good this year, and more exciting than Battier. Rhetorically speaking, hom do you want on this year's squad?

5. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I think Yao's Robot Dance completely overshadows Francis' dance.