1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis and Mobley

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by spacepimp, Dec 19, 2004.

1. spacepimp

spacepimp Contributing Member

Francis is avg 7.1 and Mobley shooting 48% so far both career highs, of cours mobley % is going to come down but francis has been on a tear latley asst. are way up and turn overs are way down. I think he will finish with like 7.5

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

steve will finnish with a little more than 6.5. we are only about 30% through the season. but at the end of the day steve is steve.

3. Just B

Just B Member

So far tonight Steve's taking it to D. Wade. Francis has 19 points in the first half off 9-12 shooting and 0 TO's. Wade has 11 off 3-11.

4. jw1144

jw1144 Contributing Member

I'm watching Magic vs. Heat right now. Francis is killing the Heat - 19 pts. in the first half on 9-11 shooting.

5. spacepimp

he will get more than 6.5, the magic play uptempo and he have more options to pass to, and grant hill is a great safety net to pass to.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

stevie going kobe, he's going alone and jacking up too many shots.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Magic lost.

DD

8. story_teller

story_teller Member

Yeah, he was on fire for them, great game in his showdown vs Wade, who had an off-night. I would say Stevie was going McGrady, but he needed to have closer to 30 field goal attempts while shooting under 50%. :D (j/k)

It was an entertaining game. Shaq is the difference, though, between the Heat and Magic (and every other team in the East) and his presence certainly proved to be too much down the stretch for Orlando, who were without Cato, a guy that actually plays O'Neal fairly well under the circumstances. @ any rate, if the first game was an indication, the Magic-Heat seems like it could be a good rivalry within the Souteast division.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Orlando's offense is great, but their defense looks pitiful. Have they kept an opponent under 100 points yet this season?

10. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

This is why science teachers tell you to put units on numbers. I personally think Stevie will end up averaging about 8.376. I assume we are talking about assists?

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think they give up the second most or most points in the league per game.

12. mfclark

mfclark Member

Yeah, 13 times. They do give up an average of 101 per game, though, which is worst in the league. They have their moments -- both good and bad.

The defense could use improvement, but you also have to remember they've hardly had their entire starting lineup together this year. Cato, believe it or not, is a big part of the Magic's D, as a strong shot blocking presence, and he's only played in about half of the team's games.

13. spacepimp

yeah there front court is much better when they can rotate cato battie and howard and limit garrity and kasuns minutes.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Where has Cato been, he has not been playing lately?

DD

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Dislocated shoulder, he was supposed to be out 3 weeks, I don't remember when it happened though.

16. buddry

buddry Member

I think he is out with a sprained shoulder.

17. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

If my science teacher had ever told us to put units on anything, we would have had problems.

18. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

He injured his shoulder at Denver at the start of their road trip. They said he'd miss around 9 games so he should be back in pretty soon but I'm not too sure.

19. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

You have more than one? Sicko.

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

He's out until New Years. He's also most likely not going to be very effective until spring. Dislocated shoulders are not easy to come back from.

Evan