1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX26] Perry Jones III in Houston to meet with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

Im guessing yall didn't watch this guy much at Baylor. He is hugely overrated and disappears for long stretches of time, along with being garbage against tough competition. DO NOT WANT

2. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Seems like another Anthony Randolph or Donte Greene type player.

3. Possum

Possum Member

Maybe 16 or 18 but no way 12.

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

You know who he actually reminds me of? Robert Horry. I mean, they aren't exactly the same obviously -- Horry was a little stronger and not a defensive liability and Perry Jones has better ball skills and shoots a little better I think than when Horry came into the league. Still though, they are both supremely talented individuals and good easy going guys who are alarmingly unmotivated to be the best. That's dissapointing, but it doesn't mean that can't be solid and productive role players in the league -- you just have to know what you are getting. Jones is not going to be a star (he doesn't want to be) but he can be a good team mate and serve a few roles on a good team.

All that said...I would not draft him if I were this Rockets team. He plays the same position as Parsons, who I like much much more.

5. Possum

Possum Member

Well we just eliminated one team if front of us that needed a Center.

I would love keep three draft picks and end up with Leonard, Ross and Moultrie. I don't think we could do any better than that.

6. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I'm a Baylor guy and I agree. I was so excited with him coming back for his second season but then, like yous aid, he'd just disappear for extremely long stretches. Not sure if he has the heart. Might be another Stromile.

1 person likes this.
  7. raining threes

Yep

Low end for Jones would be Tim Thomas

8. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

i tend to agree with these announcers in this video. i think he can be a good 3 but he would be an even better 4. the jumphook they showed in the video looked pretty sweet. he should consider modeling his game after aldridge. the fact that he shys away from contact is a cause for concern.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DzWTMkFzl20" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Me either. Meyers Leonard if we pick at 12. Harkliss 16 and White/Marshall/Moultrie at 18

10. Jamers

Jamers Member

I like the idea here. We will have all-PF starting line up :rolleyes:

Perry Jones III / Marcus Morris
    Jon Leurer
    Jon Brockman
    Luis Scola
    Patrick Patterson

11. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I have the feeling this is another Marcus Morris type of player. In college a PF and in the NBA 'forced' to play SF ? Another prospect, another asset ... :rolleyes:

12. 45souf

45souf Member

Rio Grande will be league champs if we draft him...Tha return of Clutch City

13. fkc20

fkc20 Member

he reminds me of TMac and Rudy Gay.

14. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Do not want, guy at 6'11 who doesn't like the physical play and only averaged 0.9 blks ??

15. Raven

Raven Member

Meyers & Perry Jones. I think that would be a home run. One "safer" pick and one high ceiling pick.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No, if you draft Perry, you draft Tyler with him. Tyler and Perry fit with each other. Meyers does not.

1 person likes this.
  17. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

What in the world do him and T-Mac have alike?

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

John McClain Instagram

the real one

[​IMG]

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tO7J2knk4Ew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Listen to these guys, people!

Perry Jones is a liability on offense and defense. It means nothing that he can run fast and jump high. He cannot play the game.