1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fox Sports Houston in College Station?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jdh008, Feb 15, 2012.

1. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Maybe someone who lives or has lived in College Station recently can help me out here.

My wife and I just moved to College Station for work within the last two months and I am noticing a disturbing trend. More often than not, Mavericks games are on TV here and I don't understand why.

My cable (Suddenlink Cable) guide says I get Fox Sports Houston. The promotional commercials that come on during shows on the channel are for FSH. I'm supposed to have FSH. There is no indication at all that I have Fox Sports Southwest or any other FSN station.

I noticed a few weeks ago, once we were really settled in, that a Mavs game was on instead of a Rockets game on a particular night. I didn't have a chance to really sit down and investigate, so I chalked it up to nothing more than me mixing up what time the Rockets' game was, etc. But after monitoring it of late, I'm sure of it. When the Rockets and Mavs have a game on the same night, they show the Mavs. Tonight was like that for example.

What gives?

I suppose I could call the cable company tomorrow and ask, but I figured I might be able to get as good an answer here.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

yea its been happening a lot lately. There are a lot of dallas people herer.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=199272

Over my 2 stints living here this has happened randomly a few times. It never seems to last an entire season, but I fear that the dallas influence in this town may have reversed things for good this season.

Just have to hope both teams don't play on the same days too often.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Welcome to the world of (formally COX) Suddenlink. THey've been doing this for years to both the Rockets and Astros.

I used to live in CS....now I'm in Nacogdoches....and yet still have to suffer with Suddenlink. Can't wait till I move this summer.

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Decided to take a look ahead to tomorrow to check what the schedule looked like and once again not only do the mavs play at the same time as the rockets and will be shown over them on fsn, but it also happens to be espns first game of the doubleheader. 2nd opportunity this season they will do this to us and the sad thing was last time we were playing the spurs of all teams, giving them the opportunity to show all 3 Texas teams and still went with the mavs on 2 channels.

The double eff you to Rockets fans. Terrible going to have to call again and complain.

6. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Basically, you get Fox Sports Southwest, and if the Rockets are playing on the same night as the Mavericks, they'll play Fox Sports Dallas. I lived in CS for the past 3 years, and am now back in Houston, and this was my experience. I'd find streams of the Rockets on the internet when they'd play Mavericks games.

7. Win

Win Contributing Member

I used to live in Bryan/College Station - Was never so glad to get out of a city. Everything revolves around the Aggies. Throw Suddenlink into the equation and well.... good luck, my friend.

8. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Well, ******* channel 25, which is Fox Sports Houston for ALL THE TIME when the Mavericks aren't playing, is now showing the Mavericks pre-game.

**** these people.

Oh, and the exact same game is also playing on Channel 27. So, Fox Sports and Suddenlink cable, in all their wisdom, have pre-empted the Rockets game with the Mavericks game for the SECOND TIME when the SAME GAME is playing 2 channels up.

Are these people ****ing r****ded?

Last Rockets game was actually broadcast on channel 22.... the channel that usually advertises the pay-per-view movies and such. We'll see if they do that again. They should do that again. Suddenlink cable is a truly horrible cable company. Fox Sports isn't any better. It makes me want to just give up on the television altogether, and just commit to never watching an NBA game unless I have an illegal link.

If they don't broadcast the game on an alternate channel, then Fox Sports and Suddenlink cable really are some of the most disrespectful companies in the United States. They treat their subscribers like idiots.

#8 thadeus, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  9. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Well, Suddenlink cable and Fox Sports just told Houston Rockets fans that we're worthless to them, yet again.

Guess I'll be stealing it tonight, and not watching any advertisements.

Also, here's the number for Suddenlink cable: 877-794-2724

There aren't good many options, so just keep pressing 0 until you get an operator.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

LOL...hard to miss the Mav's game if you want to watch it.

ESPN3, ESPN, FSSW.....

11. Convictedstupid

I get so pissed when this happens. Sometimes when they are showing the ponies, the rockets will be on channel 22, a leased access channel.

But I pay for mother ****ing hd. Stupid how I can't watch it in hd. I called Suddenlink last year and got the "well....sorry" response. Makes no god damn sense.

The absolute worst though, is sometimes it'll say it's showing the rockets, but will actually be showing the mavs. When that happens, I can't even use my cousin's NBA league pass online to watch it because it's supposedly being played here, which therefore blacks it out in the area.

12. Convictedstupid

I'll call when I get back to school. Back home in Houston atm.