1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FOX/Berman - Rockets extended an offer to Landry..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudyball, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Marc Berman just reported that the Rockets have made a multi-year offer to Landry's agent and the agent has countered with an offer, but no details on the amounts were discussed.

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Thanks for the heads up, at least the wheels are turning now.

3. Tornadoofsoul6

Accept it Landry, then fire Baker!

4. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

The agent ''countered' with another offer? What does that mean? Has he rejected the Rockets's offer and made his own? Can't Baker just be thankful that the Rockets even gave Landry a contract withou an inspection?

5. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Great news hope Landry signs soon and they lock him up for a few years. Landry had a great rookie season and with Scola back we'll have Scolandry back and he's a kick ass PF. :D

6. SackLunch

SackLunch Rookie

Throughout the whole course of this, Carl's agent has been a flat out ******* :mad: We better sine Landry... any links, post 'em people.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am glad they are finally moving on this......get the bad blood behind them, and get a fair contract around 2.5 a year or so.....going forward.

Free up some space to get Deke or another FA like maybe Pargo....if possible.

DD

8. Tornadoofsoul6

Baker wants mo' money. Some compromising should happen soon, but no one can back down the mighty Morey.

9. lastmanstanding

About time something happened. It sucks he had to miss summer league though.

10. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Hmm... Did he do the scope? :confused:

11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Legally, a "counter offer" means that the initial offer was rejected. So yes, he rejected the Rockets offer.

But this tells me that the agent is bluffing his way to more money. It also tells me there are no offers on the table other than the Rockets'.

Landry either has to fire his agent, take the exam, or play in Europe.

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

13. Rudyball

Nothing was mentioned about a scope, length of contract offered nor amount of counter offer. Pretty short tidbit, pretty much exactly as I stated it.

My guess, they scoped, the Rox made their offer and they countered with a mill more per year and another year on the contract.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The agent countered with his own offer?
    what kind a joke is that? This guy is on the ropes and still can't just own up.
    Landry should be happy with any offer and show what he's worth during this season.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I doubt if he has had a scope,but I'm surprised at this move.I'm guessing they are concerned that Landry does have other options,but even that doesn't make sense because they could match any offer.

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

It's called negotiating.

17. Rudyball

That is why I think he had a scope, or they just want to move on because they have someone else they want to make a deal with before it gets too late.

18. BleedingRedRock

BleedingRedRock New Member

since the rockets extended the offer without having landry getting a scope (guessing) doesn't that mean his agent won that battle? Yet the agent rejected the offer, its like he's trying to piss the rockets off.

19. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Who's available on the free agent market that is worth that much?

Unless the Rockets plan on giving a full MLE 2 year contract that expires in 2010

20. rocketanalyist

I'm pretty much in agreement with you on this and the 2.5 mil per year, maybe even just 2 mil per year, but definitely not up to the $3.1 mil that Scola makes. And we definitely need to get this out of the way to get to Deke and lock him down.

But do you really think there is a realistic chance to get Pargo? :confused: