1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Forget everything else, therre is ONE reason why the Rockets blew this game.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZRB, Jan 24, 2001.

1. treeman

treeman Member

I don't care about any of that. All I care about is playoff hopes. We're 5 to 6 games behind in the division, (the Denver game was REALLY important) and there is no more time to 'gel'. Either the Rox are there or they aren't. If they're there then they win the next 4 (Grizz, Hornets, Heat, Clips) and pray that Minnesota and Denver stumble a couple of games.

If we can eke out a playoff spot this season - even if it's a #8 early exit - I will be pleasantly surprised with this franchise's rebuilding efforts.

And if we miss the playoffs for a second year, I'll just think how fun next year will be. No point in doing otherwise...

Not to sound like a disloyal fan, but I can't wait until Hakeem's contract runs out. All that money, FAs... Guess I sound more like a slobbering dog. A hungry, slobbering dog...

------------------

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Just think, if the Rockets had managed 72 points in regulation, they would have won. I think their 34% shooting is the reason they lost. Hakeem played well for missing the number of games he did (although his 2 missed free throws did not help).

------------------

3. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

You might be right. He sounds just like him...

------------------
    WooHoo! The season's here!....I'm still gonna need that keg of Pepto-Bismol.