1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For the Pippenhaters

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NJRockFan, Jan 1, 2003.

1. ACL1

ACL1 Member

I beleive rudy said it after the B!tch left, that he had never changed the team's offence as much for a player as much as he did for pippen!

here is my problem w/ the ungrateful Wh@r#; he b****ed in chicago that how the management did not appreciated him and he was underpaid, Houston and barkely make the financial sacrifice for him to bring him here and give him the contract that he could not get from chicago, they changed the offence for him, they give him everything he wants the entire season.Not to mention the fans treat him like royalty and put him on a pedestal. He costs them the playoff series against the lakers and blames Barkeley's "fat ass". And what does he do in the preseason, instead of going about quitely to ask to leave he goes out and makes such a big deal about leaving that nobody is willing to give houston a player in equal value. Although after watching him play w/o MJ I do think he might be one of the most over-rated player s in NBA history. Not to mention the DUI in the middle of the season.

Plus he even went after the dream's character and work ethic, and that is a no-no in my book.

I think the rox would have been better off trying to bring Robert Horry back than that overrated SOB.

Classless b*stard........:mad:

2. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Overrated ha ha, that's priceless, I'll have to remember that one. At the age of 37 Pippen is still getting it done, did anyone see the game tonight, he gave a tremendous all around performance and led the Blazers to a victory over the Celtics.

3. Miggidy Markell

And we will see how far the Blazers go in the play-offs like every other year with Pipsqueak.... I say out in the first round. They may even be lucky to win one game..... :eek:

DavidS, can you please reply to my quoted post I made earlier. There is no explaination for Pippen, he got himself into the deep end of the pool and he should have gotten himself out of it, not b**** and wait for the lifeguards to drag him out. In this case he prefered the lifeguards to be the Lakers, the easy way out to win a championship where my grandma could have been on the team and got a ring. And the only way he's gotten his rings was by the easy way out, Jordan. But instead picked up by the Blazers who were a team that had gone to the conference finals the year before, were beaten in the second round if i remember correctly because of Quitten's lack of leadership. Then swept in the first round. Both those teams were relying on Pippen's play-off leadership and had great success by doing so.....

The guy can play but he is not a GREAT player like Pipsqueakdaddy33 and DavidS make him out to be or he would be able to lead a team like Hakeem, Barkley, Jordan, Magic or Bird. Sorry to burst your bubble but until he achieves anything individually other then defensive honors he is nothing in my book.

4. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

"The guy can play?" Thank you. That's all
    I wanted you to say.

Next...

Who's better? James Worthy, Dominque
    Wilkins, Grant Hill, or Scotty Pippen?

I have my view point on this, but let's hear yours...

5. Miggidy Markell

Grant Hill
    Now you give me a response to why the Rockets were at fault and not Scottie when he got himself into a place he could not handle. Then may I ask you why Scottie did not handle this in a professional manner like a player should after winning 6 championships and being the role model of millions of kids? You were describing Scottie earlier in the thread as a normal hardworking person not comfortable with his job. I find this very hard to swallow, he didn't even give it a full season to properly pan out. If Barkley did this he would have had the whole world on his back and why? Because he doesn't have a ring. Scottie may have had a point by saying Charles was fat and lazy, good on him, but he was not merely half the blame of why the Rockets fell in the first round. He was the one that actually saved total embarressment when Pippen was being schooled by Bryant who was only 21 if I remember correctly with no rings, less play-off experience and is not a top 50 player. Which makes me laugh because Pippen only makes that list because of Jordan's championships.

Jordan on the other hand was a class act, he stated that if Barkley didn't work out and become much more fit then he would never get a ring. Correct, no harm, no foul.

So, my exact reasons for hating Snottie are:

1) Signed a huge contract with the Rockets while also making demands to change the whole system just to suit him. Sorry Scottie, you were merely a role player with Jordan, what makes you the goto guy in Houston?

2) Blames Barkley for his embarressing performance in the play-offs. Why Barkley? Because he has no rings! But Charles and Brent Price were the ones keeping the Rockets competing, if you would call it that.

3) Expects us to send him to any team he wishes, the Lakers. Who were the team about to win a championship regardless of Pippen. Cheap way of getting another ring, YET AGAIN.

4) Cannot lead his team in crunch time, Portland should know this but talking to the fans, they seem to have forgoten (stupid!). Thus making Portland drop in the play-offs every year since he's been there.

5) Is credited by people as being "the best all-round player" when he clearly doesn't deserve this honor or he would have been able to fit in with the Rockets and hit shots when he was counted on. 0-7 in the Rockets game 2 of the play-offs, pfftt, the guy was useless.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Stockton is 40 and Malone is approaching it, and the both really get it done.

Pippen's getting it done apparently is a 3 week good stretch over the last 4+ years.

Pippen is a HOFer and a good player, but top 50 of all time was definitely a mistake. I'd rather have worthy and WIlkens for sure. I'd rather have a healthy Grant Hill without a doubt.

7. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

I wouldn't say Malone and Stockton were thes ones getting it done, I'd say their team mates are making it happen, they're simply just bringing the best out of Harpring and others.

6'8 228lbs, thats hardly a pip squeak in my book, he's probably one of the more muscular players in the leauge. He and David Robinson should take top honor in that category.

8. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

That shows your age...

Heh heh...

9. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

To answer DavidS's question, I'd take Pippen any day over the rest of those players.

10. drapg

drapg Member

James Worthy, in a heartbeat.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I hate Pippen because of the "1.8 seconds" fiasco. I actually own his Bulls basketball jersey, but I stopped wearing it that fateful day and have loathed Pippen since. No man gives up on his team... that's unforgivable in sports.