1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Football] FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SwoLy-D, May 5, 2010.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

OK, so I am transferring the last few games of the FIFA World Cup 2010 to DVD... just like I did almost all of them before... (I am missing a few)

I fire up my DVD recorder... while it does this (it takes a few seconds)... I look up my recorded shows on my DVR... set the "Semifinal 2" game to start... then I load in a blank DVD and set the DVD recording mode to SP, make sure I have enough space... etc.

I start playing the game just before the lineups... like I did with the games beofre... as soon as the game starts, I press the RECORD button on the DVD recorder... what am I greeted with?

"THIS GAME CANNOT BE RECORDED" :(

:mad: FML.

2. SwoLy-D

3. anchel

anchel Member

Yellow cards not necessarily have to be shown after hard fouls. Refs can show them if a player is fouling repeatedly.

Reeko, hablas español? I'm from Barcelona, never thought I'd see a Barça fan around here, curious.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Champs celebrating on the plane home :grin:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2WbW2A0vQwg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2WbW2A0vQwg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

5. SwoLy-D

Hmmm... listening to "Elvis Crespo" music and having pleasure in the plane... COINCIDENCE? ;)

EDIT:
    Fixed. :p

#6125 SwoLy-D, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

Si, hablo españo :grin: Pero no parlo catala :(

quando voy me enquentras en Barcelona o en Palamos!

7. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

It sucks we have to wait 4 years for Brazil 2014. Iniesta sos un crack.
    Visca Barca Y Viva Espana

8. REEKO_HTOWN

en crack pequeño a crecido!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DFH6RwjBOQ4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DFH6RwjBOQ4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I had Iniesta's stinking shirt in my hand (the one he gave to Schweinsteiger).

Have to say that for me, Iniesta is the best Spanish player. Hard to dislike the guy, too. Easy to dislike someone like Ronaldo, hard to dislike Iniesta. He has my respect.

My WC team:

Goalkeeper: Casillas
    Defense: Lahm, Puyol, Pique, Coentrao (so that I would have at least one player whose team was not in the final four...)
    Midfield: Schweinsteiger, Iniesta, Xavi, Sneijder
    Forwards: Müller, Forlan

10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Wasn't he one of the main ones flopping around toward the end of the game? It seemed like Spain was more interested in drawing cards on the Netherlands than they were winning the game, until it finally worked and they got someone a double yellow.

11. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Maicon is way better than Lahm and Coentrao. He's the best right back in the entire world.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Coentrao plays left back.

And Maicon didn't do much in this world cup - one good run and good goal, but his team didn't go far. He has done well on the club level, but my post was about who did well in the world cup. And Lahm clearly had a better world cup than Maicon. I couldn't think of a left back that did much better than Coentrao.

13. SwoLy-D

:eek:

FIFA WORLD CUP 2010 South Africa By The Numbers

As the dust settles on an unforgettable and historic FIFA World Cup™, FIFA.com reflects on some of the key statistics to have emerged over the past month:
    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statistics/news/newsid=1273493/index.html#south+africa+2010+numbers

FINAL RANKINGS:

14. JTQ

JTQ Member

wow..no love for Sergio Ramos??

15. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

sergio looks like mad martigan.
    [​IMG]
    vs.
    [​IMG]

16. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

17. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

A nice compilation of goals from the 2010 cup.

Part 1:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5Ng-ExwQoc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5Ng-ExwQoc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Part 2:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HpLiCOe25n8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HpLiCOe25n8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Part 3:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PUUSkaKsFKc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PUUSkaKsFKc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

18. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

London, England (CNN) -- Before the World Cup started, few could have foretold that one of the biggest winners of the tournament would be a psychic octopus. But now Paul, who correctly predicted the outcome of eight matches in a row, is on course to be the world's first millionaire octopus.

The mystic mollusc is retiring from the prediction business while he's ahead, his owner Sea Life announced on Tuesday. But as the company considers offers to "spread Paul's fame even further, without involving the canny cephalod directly" marketing experts say it could earn millions by selling his image for advertising products and services.

PR guru Max Clifford, best known for generating tabloid headlines such as "Freddie Starr ate my hamster," believes Paul, who was born in England, has ended his soothsaying days at exactly the right time. "Obviously his 100 percent record is remarkable but the minute he gets it wrong it all disappears," Clifford told CNN.

Now Paul could star in light-hearted commercials. "If you get it right, and remember Paul has had worldwide success ... you're talking about an earning potential of £2 or £3 million (up to $4.5 million), maybe more. It's got to bring a smile to everybody's face. You've got the world's first multimillion-pound octopus here.

"This story is just incredible -- an octopus correctly predicts eight World Cup games -- but you've got to act quickly.

"He could be used in TV endorsements and adverts: 'We're the best in the world. How do we know? Because Paul says so.'"

The adverts must not be too serious though, and would need to be related to his area of expertise, Clifford added. "'If you think I was good on football, when it comes to fish I've got no competition.' So if you had a worldwide chain of fish restaurants, the equivalent of McDonald's, you'd use Paul to launch it.

Another expert agreed, saying there was no limit to the ways in which Paul could be marketed. "Obviously he has a short shelf life but there are many options," said Allyson Stewart-Allen, director of London-based International Marketing Partners.

"A good use for him would be in adverts featuring two competing brands, such as Coke or Pepsi. Which does Paul prefer?" said Stewart-Allen.

"The gaming industry would be the logical use for Paul, or marketing a service that compares the market. Or he could just be an icon, marketing a company like Octopus Travel, for instance.

"I think it would be too frivolous to advertise financial services, but you could licence Paul for children's toys. He could be an icon for a brand, an image for cartoons or video games," she added.

But one thing is certain though: at the age of two and a half -- just six months away from the life expectancy of his species -- Paul's moment in the spotlight will be brief.

link

19. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

How did you have his shirt?

20. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Drawing yellow cards?? Im not sure if we watched the same game but that one I watched dutch players were playing extremely rough. There was even some player that thought he was in a karate movie or something.