1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Football] FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SwoLy-D, May 5, 2010.

1. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

lol reeko you are such a bandwagoner, why do you root for spain again??

sorry for ya arno_ed

Stupid floppers those spanish guys, now I know why Gasol is such a crybaby.

The ref was awful! Iniesta should be ejected when he pushed the dutch player, then puyol, deserved his 2nd yellow and the ref didnt see anything, then the clear corner kick, the ref didnt see it, then all the spanish flopping, :mad: and then the 2nd yellow wasnt a card, he barely touch him, puyol had more contact, that in the 2nd yellow card. arghh! Stupid ref.

But yeah the goal was legit, and the dutch player should got a red card in the 1st half.

did iniesta got carded for taking his jersey??
    and in the end, Torres got "injured" and wasting 2 of the 3 min of additional time, and couldnt get up, then 3 minutes later, he was jumping all over the field, celebrating, like nothing happened.

This is why they are such floppers:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Hah, seriously?

I don't see how you can be so passionate about a country you're not even from. (IIRC you said Salvadorian)

Whatever makes you happy, I guess. ;)

3. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

The best team won in my opinion. Congrats to Spain. The biggest threat to them was Brazil. I'm sure there was a collective sigh of relief amongst Spain and all of their fans when Felipe Melo, I mean Holland (lol) knocked Brazil out in the quarterfinals. It's sad to see the World Cup end though. It's like one big month-long party. I'm definitely going to try and make the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. I'm thinking the hosts will win it and what ensues might just be the best party ever.

I want to know the answer to this question as well. I can't believe there is an over 300 page thread on soccer on clutchfans. Wow!

4. anchel

anchel Member

Yes.

Honestly, with 28 fouls commited, don't you think they deserved a red flag even before? Frankly, their attitude at the 1st half was near a shame.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OwoMov85NWQ&amp;hl=es_ES&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OwoMov85NWQ&amp;hl=es_ES&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Sarita, Sarita... [​IMG]
    Emotive words. Iker is a very nice guy, best personality of all the players.

1 person likes this.
  5. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

LOL. Hater gonna hate huh? Bandwagoner? España's been my team since I was a kid. ****, I've been a Barça fan for the same time! Before all the titles!

I fell in love with the soccer when I say my first WC (94) in Barcelona when I was a boy.

I go there every 3-4 years and even have a job waiting for me once I finish school. Go ahead and hate playboy but I was on this thread pimping my team from first match to the ****ing Final and guess what?

WE GOT THE CUP SO **** IT!

from dirty Italian elbows

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qdm0QBmUfLs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qdm0QBmUfLs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

to the dutch and their chest kicks!!

And we still won!

#6106 REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Well there is the Euros in 2 years. the Spanish team would still have many of its players in 2 years I would think.

Also you can catch the women's world cup... next year I think?

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it was a good game. Spain dictated most of the game but the Netherlands had their chance.

As a person who never watches soccer besides a few world cup games, it was depressing to see the game being reffed like a NBA game. Some yellow cards seemed legit while others were pretty knit picky and flat out comical (the one where the ref didnt even see what happened but the guy pretended to be hurt).

Towards the end of the game players were just starting to fall and look for a call. It really took away from what was a good game with some great thrills.

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

i think so too. last time there was that sportscenter banner on the bottom which was really annoying. this time the presentation was good with minimal graphics and great HD quality.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The best team won, period.

Netherlands thought they'd play a physical game and they took it way too far. I've been a Dutch fan my entire life...but this team is hard to root for. I've never been a Robben fan. Van Bommel is just a thug and a prick. Mathijsen is a moron (quit yelling at the ref about an offside that wasn't and finish your 2 chances right in front of goal). If it weren't for Van Bronkhorst and Kuyt, I would have fully been pulling for Spain. Robben is going to have nightmares about not finishing 2 breakaways.

Playing against a team like Spain is just maddening, waiting for them to attack and make a mistake. But you have to be patient and clog the middle. Netherlands did it at times, but the rest of the game, they were inpatient and it led to stupid fouls. Besides, against a team like that, you absolutely have to finish your chances because you never know when you're getting the ball back. Robben choked. Mathijsen choked. Sneijder was no where to be found. Blame the ref all you want, Spain was simply the better team.

Congrats to Spain on their first World Cup win!

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ You forgot Kung Fu Master Nigel de Jong's kick. :mad:

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He is lightning-fast. He can outrun almost anyone on a football field when he is healthy.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gRmsgE19LgI&amp;hl=de_DE&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gRmsgE19LgI&amp;hl=de_DE&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Cannot confirm that, after just having suffered through about 17 hours of their economy class on my way back from the world cup. Terrible leg room. Food is ok. Entertainment system in eco probably one of the best out there, especially on the newer planes.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

nah, bro, that was a Spanish flop :rolleyes:

regardless. Best team won.

Want to see some Spanish celebrations!?!

http://wwitv.com/tv_channels/8234.htm :grin:

#6113 REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It just seems that way on the pitch sometimes. Off the pitch, he is a class act - one of the most well-educated, classy and polite football players out there.

15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Anyone got that Simpsons clip where the American announcer is doing a soccer game and is bored out of his mind, while the foreign announcer is losing his mind in excitement?

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

<object width="448" height="336"><param name="movie" value="http://images.stupidvideos.com/2.0.2/swf/video.swf?sa=1&sk=7&si=2&i=302049"></param><embed src="http://images.stupidvideos.com/2.0.2/swf/video.swf?sa=1&sk=7&si=2&i=302049" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="448" height="336"></embed></object>

17. leroy

Then it's a shame he can't be the same person on and off the field. It seems that way on the pitch all the time. Just ask Stuart Holden.

18. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

I believe it was De Jong who broke Stu's leg with a completely reckless challenge. Maybe he had other issues with Van Bommel? I dunno.

USA was my team and I was ecstatic when they won, but sad that they couldn't capitalize on their relatively easy schedule. It seemed like a good World Cup regardless and congrats to Spain.

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Great. Thanks!

20. leroy

You're right that it was De Jong.

Guess I just don't like Van Bommel or players like him. Yeah, every team needs a player that does the dirty work, but that doesn't mean play dirty.