1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Football] FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SwoLy-D, May 5, 2010.

1. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

I guess Torres wasn't fully healthy coming into the World Cup..sigh..

2. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Robben is the best player in the world..

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Mueller wins Golden Boot and Deigo Forlan wins Golden Ball

via twitter.

4. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Both are well deserved, especially Forlan.

5. anchel

anchel Member

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I saw the last half hour of the game and the OT, and for the life of me, I couldn't understand a lot of the "fouls." Half the so-called "fouls" on the Dutch players looked like flops by the Spanish players. After the Dutch had that player red-carded, it was only a matter of time. Still, while I was cheering on the Dutch (my wife is half Dutch and has many relatives there), it was an exciting Final. I was struck by the physical difference between the two teams, which clearly showed the physical national differences. The Dutch players were bigger and stronger, and the Spanish players were smaller and quicker, with more diversity on the Dutch side, which didn't surprise me. I've spent a lot of time in both countries.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

it sucks seeing him suck it up in real life and then getting on FIFA online and seeing him dominate me running laps all over my defenders.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

[​IMG]

on a lighter note

thx Turpis

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9WOtUL90xM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o9WOtUL90xM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

We all know what Casillas will be doing tonight.
    Ms Carbonero will be giving him some quality nookie tonight, whooo!

Good on yer Iker!

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I feel Bert Van Marwijk lost the match for the Dutch.
    I think BVM effed up his team from the start.

(1) You know Howard Webb is the ref and as reticent as he is to hand out straight reds, he has no problem dishing out the yellows in this tournament. That's when you make sure your players don't lose their heads and play controlled(Tough to do when Van Bommel is on the field and then you add in De Jong).

(2) You go with De Jong who provides NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING on the field-bar bad tackling. He is the only player I know that makes Van Bommel seem like a great tackler.

(3) Substitutions- How in the F#$@$% do you leave RVP on for the entire match while Huntelaar and Afellay sit on the bench as RVP does NOTHING the whole match???
    You bring in Braafheid for Van Bronckhorst, Please tell me Gio was injured otherwise I disagree with the sub.

Wouldn't it have been smarter after halftime to take out De Jong for Van der Vaart, maybe bring in Elia for RVP and push Kuyt up front OR bring in Huntelaar for RVP?

I think Van Marwijk has no balls because after RVP threw a hissy fit because he was substituted and not Sneijder in the Slovakia match, I don't believe Bertie subbed him out in any other match.

I wonder if arno ed is ok?

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

He's been sucking it up with injuries the past season with Liverpool. A big disappointment for the season and I can already guess he wasn't going to do much in this tournament, but I wouldn't have imagined it would be THIS bad. Not surprising though.

Anyways congrats to Spain on their first chip. My predictions for this WC was correct. I predicted that either Brazil, Germany, Spain, Argentina, Italy, England, or South Korea was going to win it all. :grin:

On a much lighter note.... NO MORE VUVUSOVUSIZELA!! yussssss!!!!

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That should have been a red card. The match would have opened up had ref made the right call at that point.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Agreed. As much as I hate Alonso and I think that kick is well deserved for leaving Pool to join the bad guys, the refs missed a big one there.

I wonder why FIFA chose that ref to be the finals official. I liked the official of the Germany vs Spain game. Given that was the cleanest game of the decade, but still.

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I feel like I just got kicked in the chest watching this gif over and over. Had that been a red card like it should've been, Spain would've easily won this in regulation.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

then this might be more up your alley

[​IMG]

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

So happy for Espana...can't wait for Brazil 2014

17. REEKO_HTOWN

this one brings a tear to my eye.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ocBXPLD6nSs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ocBXPLD6nSs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

In other news, Spain crushed them in possession to the nearly the exact same percentage they did to all the other teams in every single previous match - 57-43 (compared to 58% overall).

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Good to know. I have Emirates A380 tickets booked for winter break in Malaysia.

Had the choice between Cathay pacific and Emirates. Chose Emirates because of Airbus A380.

20. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

damn kinda sucks now ... no World Cup for another 4yrs

I never thought watchin it four years ago and this yr

would get me so excited for soccer.

I tried watchin' the other leagues but is just not the same.

ESPN did a great job coverin' the world cup this time though.

1 person likes this.