1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Football] English Premier League - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by digitalbreach, Aug 22, 2011.

1. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

**New season, New thread

So far Man U had a few injuries.
    Man City looks like they will be contenders this year. Aguero has shown to be a good buy. Tevez looks like will stay put...for now.

Liverpool will do better this season.
    Arsenal tough road up ahead.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man City looks really good so far.

DD

3. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

just saw the other thread. lets keep this one going strictly for EPL tough.

Maybe Reeko should rename his Bundesliga until La liga gets started atleast.

:eek:

4. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

ManU 1-0 over Spurs ATM

Forgot to DVR game.:mad:

5. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

It looks like a three team race to me this year, The Manchester duo and Chelsea.

6. adboy

adboy Member

united really look strong as do city but the league is a marathon and not a sprint... i'm still praying arsenal buy someone

7. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

when is the trade deadline?

8. adboy

adboy Member

all transfers must have their paperwork submitted by twelve on september 1st

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Arsenal got pwned 8-2 by man u, but man city also thrashed tottenham away 5-1

Will be nice seeing these two concentrate on each other all season while Chelsea swipe the title

10. adboy

adboy Member

yh arsenal looked ****e and i believe the board is making wenger look really bad

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nah, Wegner is making himself look bad. Stubborn old man.

12. adboy

adboy Member

wenger also made himself look bad (tactically inept) but this situatuation reminds me eerily of what happened to benitez earlier at liverpool. when the hicks and gillet refused to spend and blamed it entirely on benitez and gave him the sack at the end of the season. Wenger needs to go out and spend NOW... i'm just hoping for a top four finish this year now and a decent CL run.

13. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

De Gea had a pretty good penalty kick block. He should have done better on the first Arsenal goal. Hopefully he gets better as the season progresses.

Also the team misses Vidic. Looking forward to 10/23

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

idiotic to have it not coincide with the start of the season. But then again, FIFA/UEFA/FA orgs are pretty idiotic.

15. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Not really. It's actually more beneficial for the teams and players to have it stretch the extra week(or couple of weeks in the EPL's case) to Sept. 1st.
    Gives the players and backrooms more time to evaluate things at the start of the season as opposed to right at the end of pre-season.
    It's one of the few things FIFA and UEFA have done right in my opinion.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sure, it's useful as preseason, if you like to see players moping around and mailing it in when they want a transfer like Modric or Nasri this year, or Berbatov a few years ago, in actual games that count...it's perfect for that. And not too bad if you have a deep, powerful team with millions of pounds/euros to spend.

Otherwise, you know, they could something else for the preseason...like say...preseason friendlies.

17. adboy

adboy Member

fifa and uefa are a bunch of gutless pigs. There is so much corruption within each organization it is crazy

18. ferrari77

That sucks for the fans but as far as I know clubs of mid-stature like Tottenham(invovled in two of the cases above) haven't indicated any problem with the window since it's inception. It's not ideal for the fans as moping players might impact the Team's start but a team's performance in the league(one without title aspirations-since those with title aspirations usually have the depth to cover for such moping players) isn't dependent on the start over the first two weeks of the season. A solid run to end the calendar year or begin it also helps.
    Having a 2 month window helps those leagues involved(Aug-May/June lgs) as it would be madness for clubs, players and agents to have everything compacted to just 1 month- July 1st -Aug.1st.

19. ferrari77

Apologies SamFisher. I missed that Spurs had been b*tching about the window(naturally given the Berbatov and now Modric situation).
    Still, I think it's better than the alternative shorter window.