1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Football] #1 UT vs. #6 TTU

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by flipmode, Oct 26, 2008.

1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Agreed 100% about their service. Our table was inside the smaller room near the outdoor deck.

2. DPballer

DPballer Member

Good news for Tech, OU lost one of their best pass rushers in English for a few games, including the Tech game. I'll be shocked if Tech pulls that one out regardless.
    Blasphemy! That 05 team would've won by 10+ points on Saturday. UT 2005 defense, especially secondary is >>> 2008 secondary. Not to mention that the 05 team actually had a tight end. We had a damn good one this year but he's out for the rest of the year. And of course, VY.

3. DPballer

DPballer Member

LOL wow look at this blatant holding from the Tech O-line!

[​IMG]

Sad thing is this has been going on since the OU game and it's not getting called! It's what got Orakpo hurt.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually there are 2 people holding on that play on Tech...the Refs sucked that game.

DD

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Tech won, Longhorns lost. Let's move on and hope there is no letdown vs. Baylor, who almost beat Mizz.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

no kidding, let's be classy, great game, glad the longhorns were a part of probably what will be the best game of the season

7. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Tech outplayed Texas yet Texas had plenty of opportunites to win that game and close it out. They didn't. Hats off to Tech. They deserved the win. They were the better team that day.

8. RedRaiderRocket

Nice try I watched the replay of the game and the play. What hurt Orakpo was that he turned his ankle trying to get around the blocker. Then later on got his ankle stepped on by his own teammate. Now complaints out of the block in the back, when Shipley returned the punt return, or the bogus offensive pass interference on Crabtree. There were many blown calls this game. I just think Texas played a team with a better O-line then there front 4.

9. Fatty FatBastard

#669 Fatty FatBastard, Nov 5, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  10. DPballer

DPballer Member

Easy to say their O-line was better when they get to take advantage of the system and hold. This isn't just the Tech game either. Texas has had to deal with this problem since the OU game.

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

let's not get carried away.

12. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

lmao at the three loss quota and 2.6 million offensive coordinators. Nice post FFB.

13. RedRaiderRocket

Not get carried away? Graham Harrell was only sacked twice. Our running backs ran for a combined 122 yards. Harrell was on his feet a lot longer than McCoy was. We had more than 200 plays than Texas. I think it is evident our offensive line played better than your defensive line.

14. flipmode

flipmode Member

did you conveniently not look at the photos from the game? or even the one in this thread?

15. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

TTU o-line only giving up 5 sacks on the season...I guess the refs are on their side in every game? :confused:

16. updawg

updawg Member

and they hadn't played anyone until Texas.

They played a great game and Texas played terrible,

17. SWTsig

and there it is. tech played practically no one up until Texas... Texas was on their 4th top 11 team in a row when they strolled into lubbock.

tech's o-line played very well and they are good... but you - or any sane person - would trade tech's o-line for texas' o-line everyday of the week and twice on sunday if given the chance.

and if you need further evidence, just wait and see which guys make it big in the NFL.

18. Fatty FatBastard

Quit dogging on the Raiders. We've done nothing but played our schedule. Time will tell.

Why dog a team that beat you fair and square? I've listened to everyone that knows what they're talking about, as well as every radio, tv, and likewise pundit.

Sour grapes, my friend.

And hey! If Tech loses even one of the next two games, you're good.

Most UT fans know this.

Why don't you? Are you 12?

19. DPballer

DPballer Member

Is this Mike Leach's last year at Tech? I hope not... I miss his soundbites.

20. SWTsig

maybe b/c tech does this every frickin year, and we hear about how "tech is different this year" and blah blah blah...

yall have a good team in lubbock, and beating Texas was a huge win w/o a doubt... but pardon me if i dont jump the gun.