1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Flooded Car

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BenignDMD, Jan 18, 2017.

1. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Ahhhhhhh - there apparently was a flash flood in front of my house in the Heights. The one night I didn't park in the garage! I went to drop my son off at school and the floorboards and passenger seat were soaked. I can hear water swishing around when I drive. There doesn't seem to be any electrical/mechanical problem. It's an 09 Impreza with only 38,000 miles, paid off. I have comprehensive with a low deductible - waiting on inspector to come look at it. I am assuming all the carpet, floor padding, passenger seat need to be torn out and replaced.

/rant

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Get the insurance payoff, drill holes to drain water, sell on craigslist to moron who doesn't check carfax. Or get lucky that it takes a while to show up there.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If the water got high enough to get into the car you might consider changing or at least checking all of your fluids to make sure no water got in. I know it sounds weird, but I've had a car that got flooded that was never run during the flood and somehow water managed to get into the oil and transmission fluid anyway. I didn't notice anything wrong at the time, but eventually I had all kinds of problems as a result.

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

We're you the hero who saved the people in the bus? By just walking through water? So amazing. Walking through water must signal bravery and warrior strength. #wetfeethero

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I'm more interested in knowing how you have a 8 year old car with only 38k miles. Do you work from home?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Drive your car into more water. Make sure it's completely flooded. Get that insurance money. Buy yourself a Bentley, pull bad b****es for a few months and wait for the next storm to flood your car again.

Bäumer and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah came to ask this. How is that even possible.

8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Probably bought it used after an elderly person who rarely drove owned it. I know an elderly man who owns a Cadillac from the early 90s with less than 50k miles.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Don't be surprised if your face looks similar to your pic one day.... if it hasn't already happened.

#9 Houstunna, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  10. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I put about 5k a year on my car...not everyone lives in suburbia.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

"Who's the U-Boat Commander?"

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have a 40 year old car with LESS miles on it. How'd I get it? Its predecessor was stolen and left in a ditch with just a smidge of water in it. That Impreza is done, sooner or later, RIP.

13. joesr

joesr Member

I wonder how busy inspectors are after a flood. Like you need to grab a number at this point

14. MystikArkitect

If he had evacuated to Katy prior to the flood this wouldn't have happened.

ramotadab likes this.