1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Flag Football

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by firecat, Jan 24, 2005.

1. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

Some friends and I have put together a recreational flag football team here in Austin. Most of us have never played flag football before. A few have been in intramurals in college, but don't remember much.

Anyway, we had our first 'practice' yesterday and we realized that we have no clue on how to build a basic offense and defense. We have our first real game in about 3 weeks and I don't want to get blown away by a team that knows what they are doing.

Do any of you know of a good resource (online or books) on how to successfully run a flag football team starting with the fundamentals?

While we were practicing yesterday, we got to scrimmage a little against another team, so that helped, but we realized that we were clueless especially on defense. I'd like to run some type of zone, but I don't know where to start.

It's 8 on 8, but not coed.

Also, anyone that has ever had a successful team in the past can use this thread to relive their glory and brag about how great they were.

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Don't let Lance Berkman see this thread...

3. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

2 Lineman
    2 Backers
    2 Safteys
    2 Corners

Rush one person
    Man up with the corners and play zone with everybody else.

4. firecat

2 Lineman
    2 Backers
    2 Safteys
    2 Corners

Rush one person
    Man up with the corners and play zone with everybody else.

This is how we were going to try it, so thanks for reinforcing our plan.

5. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I am the other team and now i know ur game plan. Thanks for giving it away.:D

6. firecat

You can know what we're doing, but you still have to stop us. You can only hope to contain us.

Of course that doesn't really make sense since we are talking about the defense.

We're going to get killed though.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

look, and read my signature.

I'm good, i just never played.