1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fizzing Sherbet

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Vengeance, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

<a href="http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/krcontracosta/20010704/lo/fizzing_sherbet_triggers_lawsuit_1.html">Fizzing sherbet triggers lawsuit</a>
    By Claire Booth, Times Staff Writer

It's a flavor combination only a kid could love -- grape and sour-apple sherbet, with popping candies sprinkled throughout.

But a kiddie-size scoop of the stuff landed an Alamo girl in the hospital in May after that candy popped in her tummy, not on her tongue.

Now, Chris Janze is suing Baskin-Robbins on behalf of her 5-year-old daughter, who had to be hospitalized to relieve the internal pressure her lawyer says was caused by Pop Rocks candy.

Janze took her daughter, Fifi, and several other children for after-school ice cream May 1. When they got to the Alamo Baskin-Robbins, Fifi wanted a "Shrek Swirl," one of several promotional treats inspired by the popular summer movie.

Anyone had this stuff?

------------------
    CC.net's most courteous driver

Oh yeah, and I'm looking for a job right now, so hire me please :)

2. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

mmm, tangy

------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I haven't had this stuff, but I have had some Ben & Jerry's Kaberry Kaboom!

from the lid,
    "Strawberry & Blueberry Ice Creams with White Fudge Covered Cracklin' Candy & a Blueberry Swirl"

mmm-mmm good and creamy and the "pop rocks" (sugar based, carbon dioxide candies) are best after you let the White Fudge candies melt in your mouth!!

I just might have some!

rH

------------------
    visit: groovehouse.org

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Maybe that's what Serena Williams took when she ran off the court complaining of gas problems. lol. [​IMG]

------------------
    This space awaiting something witty to be said in a long, slow off-season...

5. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

I thought it was this article in the New York Times...of course ya gotta register for free to see the archives, but heres a snippet. MMMMMMMMMMM Yummy fizzing Sherbert! [​IMG]

AS the silver tray held aloft by a waiter
    passed through the dining room at Le Bernardin, heads turned. On it were six Champagne flutes filled with a jewel-like crimson liquid, each capped with a bit of pink froth and a scoop of magenta sorbet.
    They were so tall, cool and stylish that I'm sure I was not the only one who wished they would be joining my table. Later, when I asked what they were, the answer could not have been more surprising: raspberry Champagne floats.
    Floats? À la française?
    I ordered one on the spot. The first sip was lightly sweet, glittering with a chilly fizz. Then, when I dipped a spoon into the graceful glass, there was the icy freshness of fruit. About halfway through, the two components married into one, the sorbet enriching the Champagne, the Champagne turning the sorbet into a smooth, intensely berried confection all its own. It was so light, so ethereal, that it was gone before I knew it.

and so on, read the article...

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member