1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[First Take] Kenny Smith Flames Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pizza_Da_Hut, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I can somehow deal with your takes on Hakeem and Mad Max because in my eyes they are Houston legends. It's all of the other crap that you spew out that I have to take a pass on

2. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

This is what you get when you get ex-nba players from the old school. They don’t pay attention to advanced stats much.

We’re the best ever offense, currently. And this number reflects all of the hurdles and setbacks teams experience throughout the year. Seeing as to how Cap, Harden, and CP3 have only been together for 29 games, we’re doing great. I’m shocked that Kenny says this bc he’s usually more reasonable, but Shaq never had to pay attention to stats to improve himself. Not like today’s stats, I mean. He was just blessed with a massively atheltic big body. Honestly, he’s just funny which is why he’s a commentator. I really can’t understand why Barkley is still on after all his errors.

D-rock likes this.
  3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Respect is hung from the rafters..

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Can't take a guy too serious that gives himself his own nickname. Yo Kenny .. the real Jet is Jason Terry okay?

lw17 and D-rock like this.
  5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

In a seven game series right now I will take the Rockets over the Warriors. On the road or at home it doesn't matter to me

Clutch City!

Killatron 2000 and D-rock like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why is Kenny not a Houston legend?
    Has he been wrong about the Rockets not winning the championship in the last 20 plus years?

you remember the Yao/Tmac era with the extreme hype that had? Magic called us the next Kobe/Shaq

Hell, remember last year?

I'm not pessimistic, but I see why he's not going all in on the Rockets ... especially at the half way point of the season

cbs1507 likes this.
  7. ballscientist1

8. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

His interview was biased toward ls GSW but whatever... what got me was that they said GSW and HOU is the real finals. And whoever wins that would go on to win the title. Except HOU we could still lose to whomever comes out the east but ofcourse GSW would defeat them. Lol so we could beat GSW and lose finals, but GSW is a certified lock if they get past us? Keep hating media lmao.

9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Good...let Golden State keep hearing things like this so their ego stays big.

And let the Rockets keep hearing this so they can get hungrier.

lw17, Richie_Rich and D-rock like this.
  10. cebu

cebu Member

Kenny Smith is a 9times allstar player.

11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Without Charles, Kenny is boring. If you can't book Barkley, don't bother with his role players.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The fact that again a media personality who built his bonafides solely on the rockets can't show love for the current team or make a definite prediction on how the rockets could win given what his conditions are.

Flimsy and weak statements passing as analysis

13. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Game 1 Houston @ Orlando... the bricks from Nick Anderson wouldn't matter unless Kenny was on fire.

tinman likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm not even sure he knows what to run, would've probably post up Dwight 10/12 times per game

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

bingo

F*ck Kenny at this point
    Derrick Harper made Kenny his personal b!tch.
    if there was no limits Harper would have handchecked his ass the Canada

I am sick of his sh*t

Rocket River

16. Nook

Nook Member

Kenny Smith can speak for Kenny Smith.....

Lost playing time to a damn rookie alien point guard..... busted ass lottery pick for the Kings..... only is remembered because of Dream..... sorry ass was the worst defensive point guard in Rockets history.

Broke ass had to close his shoe store..........

Looks like he shops the discount rack at TJ Max.
    [​IMG]

tinman and eric.81 like this.
  17. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Maybe Kenny has good ol days syndrome. Where the rockets of the old days just can never be topped, no matter what.

Also wondering why people like Skip and Beadle can be open homers, but Kenny has to downplay his biases...

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Kenny Smith today: Golden State has too many options. Rockets need to play 4 perfect games to beat Warriors. Warriors are bored, if they get excited no team has a chance against them.

Kenny Smith in June: "I've been saying all along that I *knew* the Warriors were no match for this Rockets team! I'm surprised they managed to win 2 games in this series. I can't tell you how proud I am to be a member of the Houston Rocket family today! On to the finals, where unfortunately, we'll definitely lose to the mighty Toronto Raptors."

Daddy Long Legs, lw17 and htownrox1 like this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL, damn! It is funny, every time I see him on TV and I always remark to myself, those suits are ill-fitting.

Nook likes this.
  20. ballscientist1

Warriors are bored, if they get excited no team has a chance against them.

What does it mean?

have zero chance.