1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First shutout in texans history

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by fya, Dec 7, 2003.

1. fya

fya Member

ugh....

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

That was pretty sad. I think the Texans need a new 3rd string QB

3. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Doesn't Ragone play for the Yankees?

He should continue to do that.

4. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I believe you are thinking of Drew Henson.

5. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

And get rid of a 3rd round pick from last year? Or are you referring to Mike Quinn or Jabar Gaffney to start at QB?

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I say hold onto Ragone. A third string qb isn't supposed to be good. What you want is someone who knows the offense and gives you a small chance to win. In order to get that you need to keep someone around for a while like the titans did with Billy Volek. He pretty much stunk for a few years but he knew the Titans offense and WR's well enough to step in when needed this year. So I say keep Ragone and see what happens and how he develops.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

of course you keep ragone...the guy didn't have a stellar debut, but how many rookie QBs do?? you spent a 3rd round pick on the guy...develop him and turn him around to another team for some value.

8. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Mike Doss would have been a better pick in the third round.

9. kevwun

kevwun Member

The guy is a rookie and 3rd string on top of it. How many reps do you think he gets in practice? I'm not a Texans fan, but to expect more out of 2nd year team without it top 2 qb's or it's starting running back is laughable.

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I didn't see the game, but feel if Ragone was going to prove a some high trade value, then I think he should have done better...

I know he's a rook, but there he has to perform to get into a starter's role, which it looks like he's a long way away...Is Carr going to be ready this week?

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Yeah, except for the fact that Doss went to the Colts in the second round as the 58th overall pick. Ragone was scooped up in the third round at #88.

Give Ragone some time. At least he didn't throw 4 interceptions, like Jeff Garcia did last week. Plus, as sad as the game was, he was our top rushing threat of the afternoon (with 51 yards)...

12. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Oh my bad I thought he went in the third. But ayway I know there was a player we could actually use on the board when we picked Ragone. We have a franchise type QB so why pick a QB that high. If it was in the 5th or 6th round then thats a different story but in the top 4rounds you draft players that you need.