1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Firefox 3.5 out

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tolne57, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Fatty FatBastard

I've had the exact opposite experience. When I went to 3 I saw significant slower speeds. Enough to uninstall and go back to the old one.

I may try this one. Perhaps my computer isn't capable of handling it.

2. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Yea ive been using chrome for a while now. at first its a little weird but after you get used to it you see how easy it is to use and it is also very fast

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Chrome is what all the cool kids are using now.

Firefox is sooooo 2006.

4. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Thanks OP, this version feels a little bit faster.

5. A00man

A00man Member

I'd use Chrome if they fixed the animated gifs problem the browser has. Until then, Firefox it is.

6. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Can someone give me an argument that would convince me to switch from FF to Chrome?

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I like not having to wait for websites to load, don't know about you.

8. tolne57

tolne57 Contributing Member

If you haven't tried chrome, download it and give it a whirl. It's definately a snappy browser. Personally, FF 3.5 is just as fast on my machine and the add-ons make FF a winner. YMMV

9. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Meh...until I can get Chrome to completely erase every DaDakota post for me, I'll bear with the waiting.

10. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

I never felt Firefox before this 3.5 release was slow. Maybe I just have a good enough internet connection to not notice?

11. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

damn, what a badass.

12. DreamRoxCoogFan

this actually is faster... im impressed.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

For me, FF3 was a punch in the gut that made me switch. I'm used to Chrome now and only use FF as a backup. Yes, FF3.5 is faster than FF3, but it's still slower than Chrome.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I would use Chrome if it had addons and fixed some of its annoying quirks. Connection issues? No middle clicking in facebook apps? What?

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Downloaded FF 23.5 yesterday. It's much faster.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ok, so far 3.5 is much better -- when they get all the add ons updated this is going to be really cool.

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

3.5 is sucking... every time my memory goes low, Firefox adjusts to it... well Firefox takes up about 100,000k or more.. so it does it almost any time I have 3 tabs or more open... it's annoying... icons and pictures off of webpages and Firefox itself disappear... Terrible... I'm sticking with Chrome. COME ON MOZILLA!!! I have to wait for 4.0 now.. My RAM and CPU isn't that bad to not be able to handle Firefox... and I don't have many things open.

18. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Sounds like a memory leak. I haven't had that problem. If you had any add-on's installed I would try disabling them to see if you can possibly track it down to one of them.

The only time I've ever had problems with a primary release of Firefox were always direct results of installed add-on's.

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Alright, I'll try that... Thanks for the advice... I don't know why I even have ad-ons.. the only add-on I really use is that extra tab button.. but I think the new Firefox includes that button now.

20. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

I have an ancient, slow computer that I love. And the last version of Firefox was awful. I went back to the previous version before I splurged for the memory upgrade, then downloaded 3. Not sure why I never picked up Chrome.

But I've been using 3.5 all day, heavy surfing, go over a ton of sites for FA posts, and it's kept up. Haven't had to restart, at all. Even BT'd the new Top Gear episode, watched it on WMV, and still surfed a ton. Lots of YouTube, lots of Flash. And 3.5 has kept up with all of it.

Recommending it. Good work, Mozilla.