1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Espada

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Mr.Scarface, Mar 10, 2024.

1. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

They’d be worse with no track record of them having a worse start, idiot. You are a complete moron and don’t even remember Dusty was without Verlander half a season, Urduiqy, Garcia, McCullers. He managed the bullpen well which isnt what Espada is doing. Hell we can hire Buck for all I care. Get Espada out.

2. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

And stop talking about the damn starters when Brown just pitched a dam good game. The bullpen has been blowing it too. Along with the offense not showing up WITH Chas and Yainer.

3. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

I'm not going to get into personal insults. It's immature and not a way to have a productive conversation. We don't know how the season will go. I definitely disagree with some of Espadas decisions but at this point it is what it is.

Can you act like a normal person and talk baseball? I'd welcome your perspective even if we don't agree. Let's keep Dusty out of the equation since it's something you're emotional about

4. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Lmaooo too late. You said I was a racist now you want to play the victim and talk about not wanting to get into personal insults. At least stand on your accusation. Coward.

5. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

2-0 game in the 9th and you roll out Dubin for a 3rd inning. Meanwhile Pressly sitting rested in the bullpen.

#345 htownrox1, Apr 17, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
  6. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

If you truly want to keep Espada and think he knows what he is doing then you don’t know baseball.

7. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Well your track record indicates that. I was trying to be cool and have a conversation about the Stros. That's lost on you apparently. There's no victim here. I'm just trying to talk baseball.

What I'm going to do is put you on ignore. You aren't worth my time.

8. Radricky

Radricky Member

Y'all better be careful what you wish for.
    Dusty baker is technically still out there.

9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

A very wise move.

Htown Stros and ROCKSS like this.
  10. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Don't think that's even close to a viable option. Team just needs to start hitting and the million dollar bullpen needs to be just that. Just want to get to. 500

ROCKSS likes this.
  11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

But you are a racist

Htown Stros likes this.
  12. SuraGotMadHops

He's put Hader in with a deficit in the 9th but not Pressly? Be consistent one way or the other. Espada just does not seem like a man confident in his decisions.

Htown Stros and htownrox1 like this.
  13. Radricky

Radricky Member

I’d be okay with this

ROCKSS and Jose Cuervo like this.
  14. Jose Cuervo

Jose Cuervo Member

As long as he isn't a player-manager. ;)

ROCKSS and Radricky like this.
  15. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I don’t know why they didn’t money whip him into being the bench coach. Also, Brantley as hitting coach.

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree he might be great manager.

Players gravitate towards him, he seems good with X's & O's, and has leadership.

He just should've played 60 games last year instead of 120.

17. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

There is no way Espada is getting fired.

I actually wanted him - this year and each of the past 3 years hoping Dusty was out- but he has been bad and is getting worse with the pressure mounting.

He may end up killing this team like Dusty did last year, but Dana chose him so will give him lots of rope and hope health turns around and covers his bad decisions.

And maybe health also helps his decision making. It's easier to manage a team that is playing well and has 26 MLB players, than a team that sucks and has 18 MLBers and 6 minor leaguers.

He may not be the manager in 2025, but I don't see Brown firing him in season.

Htown Stros likes this.
  18. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Yeah, I think we are stuck with him through the end of this season for better or worse.

jim1961 likes this.
  19. RussE

RussE Member

I think Espada could be gone in 2 weeks. And just leave Jose Abreu in Mexico.

20. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member