1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Fire this thread!!!

2. Nook

Nook Member

A lot of absurdity in here.

O’Brien and Smith didn’t get along. It isn’t a surprise because both are extremely arrogant and blamed the other for the franchise failures. At least O’Brien didn’t run his mouth in public. Smith had no problems bad mouthing O’Brien in front of other employees.

O’Brien and Gaine became very tight and Smith didn’t like it. Smith pushed out Gaine. That is why he went to Buffalo.

Smith wasn’t the worst GM ever, but he wasn’t very good either. O’Brien is well thought of by some football people. I personally don’t see it. I don’t think anyone should be as arrogant as O’Brien having accomplished so little.

We will see what happens, but Gaine wouldn’t be the GM if f O’Brien didn’t want him to be. I found it telling when McNair said he was impressed Gaine had been with 5 different organizations.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

Also weird that when Gaines was fired last year, no one thought or reported he waa fired. Everyone said he left on his own terms yo Buffalo because of family higher title. Now right before he gets rehired, we "find out" he was fired from John McClain. I don't know what to believe anymore.

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

There's a lot more going over at Texans HQ.

Now on this we agree. Smith was GM for what? 12 years? He was mind numbingly average but he wasn't the sole reason why this team is as irrelevant today as it's always been - particularly in this state. As for BoB - He's supposedly "crafted" in Bill Belichick's image but he's basically a cheap knock-off. He's the Diet Coke of Belichick - "Just one calorie, Not Belichick enough" and his "I can be an ******* like Belichick" impression has grown old, stale and insulting. If you watched that game last night you saw Belichick completely own the Titans. That was a marvelous display of coaching strategy, team preparation and execution. Now when have we seen this from BoB? Exactly why again is he supposed to be so "well thought of by some football people "? When I look at him - when I continuously hear his weak ass "I've got to coach better" excuse I don't see a coaching genius. All I see is the same kind of coaching fraud we've always had around here like Jerry Glanville or an arrogant know-nothing like Rex Ryan. The only difference is that BoB doesn't bother to leave game tickets for Elvis.

Nimo and Nook like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

When he left, I remember being told it was over working with Smith. I don’t know if he was actually ever fired but certainly left over Smith.

As far as who to believe in general, I don’t know. Both sides plant information and are now truthful.

As far as why Gaine left, I believe he was pushed out by Smith because I had heard earlier in the year before Gaine left that Smith had been giving him issues and then I was told Gaine was forced out.

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter because Gaine is the GM and was always the likely choice. He gets along well with O’Brien and we will know if the Texans fail, both are gone.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

LOL

texian likes this.
  9. texian

texian Member

That time you expose to to the world that you're just talking out of your a$$.

[​IMG]

red5rocket likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

BOB fanboys love to give him credit for Watson playing out of his mind....can't blame them, it's literally the only thing they have to support their senpai

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yeah. All these stories coming out now. He went to a higher position (but same responsibility) was all we heard back then. And if he really has an issue working with Smith, What would that be like when Smith returns as his boss next year?

It is what it is. All I know is i want Butler and Trumaine in Texans jerseys come training camp.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I've seen marvelous coaching and strategy from Crennel, definitely not from O'Brien.

13. conquistador#11

if I had issues with rick smith and I don't, I would definitely not allow him to influence me in my decision on which qb to start.

14. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Not truthy enough. Facts are for idiots.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So, its all Crennel when the defense is good... but all BOB when they're bad.... got it.

red5rocket and texian like this.
  16. Mr. Clutch

Not at all. Poor roster building is what led to the decline in the defense. Previous years Crennel showed he's still a good DC with decent talent.

Nook likes this.
  17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Poor roster building = guys getting injured = all BOB's fault if the defense is bad, but good roster building the year before when they withstood injuries (but still no credit to BOB).

Got it... keep those hot takes coming.

texian and red5rocket like this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

He didn't "build" the roster when he came, he inherited a good defense and OL.

You're the one with the hot takes. Not sure what is hard to understand. The roster has fallen apart and his system sucks. Not complicated.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Except last year, when the defense was good, but no credit to BOB... got it.

texian likes this.
  20. Mr. Clutch

Never said he deserved no credit.

But you want to confuse the issue and ignore his roster building and system are trash. Got it.