1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Finals Game 1 - Austin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aelliott, Jun 3, 2002.

Tags:
  1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Any Austin members interested in getting together to watch Game 1 of the finals?

I think Gater is in, anybody else?

What's a good place to watch a game in Austin?

PS> Yeah..I know "Wrong Forum"...save it.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah man. I like BW3 for big games like this.

3. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Isn't BW3 on 6th St?

I thought there was also Aussies and a big sports bar near Rundberg and I-35.

Anyway, I'm in regardless of location. Well...maybe Sugars is out of the question. Money and attention span problems. ;)

We know "Wrong Forum"..just ignore us for a little while.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think Drewdog, Major, myself, and hopefully TheFreak will be somewhere, probably BW3.

5. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I show up, how will I recognize you? Normally I would recommend a carnation in the lapel, but they are out of season now.

6. dTown333

dTown333 Member

i'm a newbie here, so can anybody explicitly tell me where the hell any of these places are?? and which ones will play rockets games next year?? probably a lot more of 'em than last year when all our weekend games are gonna be on national TV. (i was about to say NBC there but i caught myself) thank y'all for any help.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

dtown, BW3 is at 6th and San Jacinto, next to the Hard Rock Cafe.

Aussies is at Riverside and Barton Springs and will have the NBA League Pass next year I'm assuming.

8. kissofdeath

kissofdeath Member

i know, wrong forum, save it --

I'm a competitor on a show called Junkyard Wars at 8:00 and after the game at 11:00 if you guys think of it -- it's the season premiere --

It is on The Learning Channel -- I'll be over at Club de Ville watching it on a big screen at 11:00 with friends

9. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Ok, so is it going to be BW3? Since I'm not familiar with either place, it doesn't really matter to me.

Now, the question of how we find each other. Anybody want to volunteer to shave their head and paint themselves blue with pinstripes? Any other ideas?

10. GATER

It's probably easier for the non-students to find parking at Aussies but I'll go along with whatever RMan95 and his friends decide since they appear to be the majority.

I'll wear an old Rockets Tee and I'll easily be the oldest in the group.

dTown333 - once the decision is made someone will give directions.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

OK, we'll be a BW3. Major and I will try and get there around 6:30 to save a bigger table. We'll try hard as hell to be on the right hand set of seats-the longer tables. I'll have on a grey Dave Matthews Band shirt, army green shorts, flipflops, and a Rockets hat on backwards. Most likely I'll be playing trivia as well.

Drew, TheFreak, any other Austinite come out!

12. GATER

aelliott -

Still headed to BW3?

RMan95 -

still going with the Dave Matthews tee? How crowded will it be if I can't get there until 7:00 or so? I think the pre-game starts at 8:00.

I'll check back before I leave.

OK, wrong forum. :D

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, I changed clothes earlier today so I wouldn't forget. Don't worry about getting there too early, we should have a table. The game starts at 8:00.

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Can't make it tonight, sorry boys.

15. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I should be there about 30 minutes late as usual. I need to save money and eat leftovers.

I will be wearing a black "This is what 40 looks like" T-shirt and jeans.